True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
through the apex
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEex2UChBtw"]YouTube - Future Weapons: The Kriss .45 Calibre Sub-Machine Gun[/ame]

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
1500 .45 rounds a minute is insane, wow and the new way to control recoil is sweet. That is one hell of a weapon

·
741 Posts
Sorry guys. Ain't buying it. First off, there is no "knock down" power. If the bullet had enough power to knock down a person, the shooter would be knocked down also.:gay:

Second, they were comparing it to a 9MM MP5, not a P90. The 9MM is just cruising along, the 5.7 is SMOKING in, to the point it is capable of breaching soft armor, the 9MM or the .45" is not. AND, once it breaches it is still capable of creating hydrostatic shock, which neither of the two compared rounds can.

I'll stick to my 6 pound, 50 round, PS90.:thumbsup:

·
3rd Gear
309 Posts
That thing looks badass!!!!!

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
Sorry guys. Ain't buying it. First off, there is no "knock down" power. If the bullet had enough power to knock down a person, the shooter would be knocked down also.:gay:

Second, they were comparing it to a 9MM MP5, not a P90. The 9MM is just cruising along, the 5.7 is SMOKING in, to the point it is capable of breaching soft armor, the 9MM or the .45" is not. AND, once it breaches it is still capable of creating hydrostatic shock, which neither of the two compared rounds can.

I'll stick to my 6 pound, 50 round, PS90.:thumbsup:
why do dont ou belive there is any kind of knock down power? What you said about the shooter being knocked down also is wrong, the bullet is fired from a gun that is rested on the shoulder. the person shooting knows exactly how much force and when that force is going to come. on the other end of the barrel the person being shot... lets say in the chest, has no idea where or when to expect the imact. thus making the poor mofo getting shot have a pretty much 100% chance of getting knocked over.

or another way to look at it, put the stock of a 12 gauge up to your nuts and pull the trigger... youll fall.

cant get this topic out of my mind haha. just my rant

·
741 Posts
why do dont ou belive there is any kind of knock down power? What you said about the shooter being knocked down also is wrong, the bullet is fired from a gun that is rested on the shoulder. the person shooting knows exactly how much force and when that force is going to come. on the other end of the barrel the person being shot... lets say in the chest, has no idea where or when to expect the imact. thus making the poor mofo getting shot have a pretty much 100% chance of getting knocked over.

or another way to look at it, put the stock of a 12 gauge up to your nuts and pull the trigger... youll fall.

cant get this topic out of my mind haha. just my rant
Conservation of momentum. Equal and opposite reactions. The amount of energy being delivered to the target is also being applied to the shooter. If it doesn't knock you down it won't knock down the target person either. They did use the proper term at least once in the vid, which is "stopping power". For a handgun round, the .45" is pretty good, certainly better than a 9MM. But it is nowhere near the 5.7 x 28. And because of the size of the .45", you are limiting the firepower, I would guess that was only a 20 round magazine at best. The PS90, with a 16" barrel, is smaller, lighter, and has a 50 round magazine. The P90, is even smaller and lighter. :thumbsup:

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
Conservation of momentum. Equal and opposite reactions. The amount of energy being delivered to the target is also being applied to the shooter. If it doesn't knock you down it won't knock down the target person either. They did use the proper term at least once in the vid, which is "stopping power". For a handgun round, the .45" is pretty good, certainly better than a 9MM. But it is nowhere near the 5.7 x 28. And because of the size of the .45", you are limiting the firepower, I would guess that was only a 20 round magazine at best. The PS90, with a 16" barrel, is smaller, lighter, and has a 50 round magazine. The P90, is even smaller and lighter. :thumbsup:
Good thing there is no such thing as recoil suppression in modern guns, so that everybody falls down! ....oh wait...

So you are saying that if I fire a 12 gauge I will definitely fall over, because the person I shoot will obviously be blown away?

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
That gun is fucken bad ass.. I believe thats the one i use on COD4.

·
741 Posts
Good thing there is no such thing as recoil suppression in modern guns, so that everybody falls down! ....oh wait...

So you are saying that if I fire a 12 gauge I will definitely fall over, because the person I shoot will obviously be blown away?
I'm saying that the term knockdown power is completely misused for handgun rounds. No such thing. Now you get into the larger rifle calibers, no question. You wouldn't want to try to fire a Barrett .50" without the muzzle brake standing up.

And who says a person will be "blown away" by a 12 gauge hit? The impact energy won't knock him down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh my god. Are you guys really taking the term knock down power literally? It's not meant to be used as it will literally knock someone down. It's more of that shit will stop you dead in your tracks. But Stop You in Your Tracks Power, doesn't roll off the toungue like Knock Down Power.

This gun is still better than the P90 for QC stuff as it is way more accurate. P90 isn't very friendly on full auto. The mini-uzi is better than the p90 in the game too! :D

Alex

·
Mah Stacy Adams!
3,864 Posts
no i understand what you mean,

newtons second law: every force has and equal and opposite reaction... so the bullet has the same force on the target as the stock has on your shoulder.

f sub bullet= f sub gun

force = (mass)(acceleration)

so... (m)(a)=(m)(a)

my point is that a bullet that hits you in the neck or wherever is going to knock you ever, either because youre dead or you have no idea where its going to hit you. like the knee for instance, im just pretty sure youre going to fall

·
Registered
406 Posts
That has nothing to do with the term knockdown power so it's kind of a moot point. If I throw a knife at your knee and it sticks you're probably going to fall down as well.

Alex

·
Registered
163 Posts
no i understand what you mean,

newtons second law: every force has and equal and opposite reaction... so the bullet has the same force on the target as the stock has on your shoulder.
I think y'all aren't taking the extra variables into affect. There are going to be more factors than just a basic physics theory. Bullets are technically directed energy weapons, with more energy forcing the object to one side than the other. The opposing side of that energy also has to travel through more variables before it reaches your shoulder which also dissipate energy (receiver, buttstock and other elements designed to reduce recoil for better aim). And of course on the bullet side are even more variable that change the amount of force the target receives from that of the initial force; windage, elevation, air density, bullet drop etc. All of which will alter the amount of energy one will receive versus the amount exerted.

·
741 Posts
The point is too many movies portray a person taking a handgun hit and being knocked down by it. Now some people believe it. It ain't so. In the OP's vid he talks about the .45's knock down power and where a steel target took several 9mm hits (low, in the chest) he puts one .45" in it's head and the target gets knocked down. Yes a .45" will put more energy on target than a 9MM but the target fell because of the location of the hit.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
The P90 right? The "KRISS" isn't in COD4. They have the AK74u, MP5k, Skorpion,
Mini-Uzi, and the P90.
Yeah the P90. Close Quarters class. Shit not the Kriss.

·
Overboosted
1,357 Posts
I'm saying that the term knockdown power is completely misused for handgun rounds. No such thing. Now you get into the larger rifle calibers, no question. You wouldn't want to try to fire a Barrett .50" without the muzzle brake standing up.

And who says a person will be "blown away" by a 12 gauge hit? The impact energy won't knock him down.
I see your point, I didn't fully realize the subject was referring to handgun rounds.

Although, a close range hit with a 12 gauge I would certainly imagine laying someone out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts