True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Elanor rebuild for a friend

Here is elanor who belongs to my buddy Mike Garcia. She has a QMM built 297 ci stroker,HP PT-74 turbo kit, QMM ported heads, MMR custom turbo cams, GT500 pumps and a McLoed twin disc work harse clutch. She was up and running and never got to reach her full potential before some tuning issues caused detonation and blew the spark plugs apart and ate the rings and turbine wheel of the turbo up. So she is getting refreshed with a couple upgrades. Hopefully it will be out soon so i can bring 1 of my cars back home from M & G! lol

Attachments

·
1,820 Posts
Is that the car that has been at Motiva for a year or so? It was there when we dynoed.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the car that has been at Motiva for a year or so? It was there when we dynoed.
It was there for a couple weeks on a couple different occasion. Were you there when spetter was tuning everyones car? Is you mystic cobra always parked in Verizons lot?

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn! I remember when Mike got that car. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
It will be up and running again soon. We upgraded the turbo which should be back next week and we need to order some pistons.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come to find out, the turbo was only a pt-74 and since we had to send it to precision to get rebuilt, we upgradted it to the pt-76 gtsh. we need to bore it .020 over and im gonna work the heads a little more and see what i can do with the intake. It made 803rwhp on 18psi of boost on pump gas and it was out of fuel pump, so it keeped blowing the plug apart. We are making a couple other little changes, but it should make good power this time around. I just have to get him to stay interested in it, he bought a 06 vette that he wants to do a bunch of stuff to it now. im gonna have to wear extra thick gloves so i dont catch any chevy germs! LMAO :)

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Eleanor is going back together very soon with a bunch of upgrades and shooting for more HP hopefully!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention............................ I own Eleanor now!!!!Wahaha Wahaha Wahaha.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Mike is cool as shit. And that stang is friggin bad ass. His black on black vette is sick as hell too.. Goes by Slwsvt i believe.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats him. I have the vette here too, doing a 404 stroker build for him, and felt bad for Eleanor, so i took her off his hands. Hell that has pretty much lived with me since day 1 anyways! LOL

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Mike sold you Eleanor? Damn. That car is gangster. Good luck on the build man. So he's stroking his vette uh. He still gonna spray it on top of that?

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, i am the new proud owner of Eleanor. Yup we are strokin out the vette. He got rid of the nitrous cause he said the car ran weird with it, so he sold it. I never drove it with the spray, but that thing got with the program on the stock motor with bolt ons, so im excited to see what it does with the new motor.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Elanor is a bad ass car man finish her up and get her out!

·
3rd Gear
1,016 Posts
Thats him. I have the vette here too, doing a 404 stroker build for him, and felt bad for Eleanor, so i took her off his hands. Hell that has pretty much lived with me since day 1 anyways! LOL
Hey Mike, a little too much information. Got to keep some of the mods hush hush!!!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Mike, a little too much information. Got to keep some of the mods hush hush!!!
It will still have some ninja mojo to it ;) Now that i accidently spilled the beans, your gonna have to make the jump into one of the mods you were talking about yesterday! :driving:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts