True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i can safley say Eclipse aviation is shutting its doors they came out and told their employees that they can not pay them for the last 2 weeks,, and they can't get any more loans to stay afloat.. 1,300 jobs gone.. and Intel lost (a lot)this year so from what i have been hearing they are cutting jobs soon.
BUT FOR SOME GOOD MARTY GOVERNMENT SPENDING. :frown:
yester day i went to Double Eagle and noticed a brand new chain link fence with barb wire about 3 miles long with warning signs..WOW.. but what is it for.. i found out!!! it was for the airport.. no whear near the fence.. as a matter of fact their is nothing to do with the airport whear they put up the fence.. WTF.. red light camra surplus $$ they fenced in all the airport property even the stuff that has nothing to do with the air port ie the weeds and rabbits.. head up paseol del norte over the hills down the long strait away till it sharply turns left (south) at that turn to the air port is all fenced in. on the west side of the road..:cuss: no whear near anything...::willy_nilly:

·
Registered
100 Posts
So i can safley say Eclips aviation is shutting its doors they came out and told their employees that they can not pay them for the last 2 weeks,, and they can't get any more loans to stay afloat.. 1,300 jobs gone.. and Intel lost $220,000,000 this year so from what i have been hearing they are cutting jobs soon.
BUT FOR SOME GOOD MARTY GOVERNMENT SPENDING. :frown:
yester day i went to Double Eagle and noticed a brand new chain link fence with barb wire about 3 miles long with warning signs..WOW.. but what is it for.. i found out!!! it was for the airport.. no whear near the fence.. as a matter of fact their is nothing to do with the airport whear they put up the fence.. WTF.. red light camer surplus $$ they fenced in all the airport property even the stuff that has nothing to do with the air port ie the weeds and rabbits.. head up paseol del norte over the hills down the long strait away till it sharply turns left (south) at that turn to the air port is all fenced in. on the west side of the road..:cuss: no whear near anything...::willy_nilly:

HUH?

Spell check

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
The fence is some post Sept 11th federal mandate BS. Outside of Tatum, NM there is a little airport. Same thing there. They even upped the fence near the Roswell track (at least there are planes there). Somthing about fencing airport property...even vacant property owned by the airport?????

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess you are new but I can't spell, and i am at work with out a spell check.
unless i want to cut every post and past it on microsoft word fix it then cut and re past on this site.. don't care enough.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
You are the biggest rumor mill of miss-information on the web! Intel continues to be profitable (in the billions every quarter) with money in the bank. I think everyone (probably intel included) will reduce head count in the next 4 to 10 months.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You are the biggest rumor mill of miss-information on the web! Intel continues to be profitable (in the billions every quarter) with money in the bank. I think everyone (probably intel included) will reduce head count in the next 4 to 10 months.
He gets all his info from the pictures in the comics because he probably can't read either.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
your mother reads to me
the big number was what a manager gave me, maby it was 20,mil but he has some deep roots at intel( fixed just to say alot.)

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Fuck, alot of my friends from H/S parents work at Eclipse...that sucks.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
actually they got funding. they have enough money for another couple weeks. they may be still getting the couple million or bilion dollars they needed but not very lickely. all paychecks are being paid and work starts again on monday. my dad is quality assurance manager. he is actually is getting a different job because they are way to unstable obviously. so eclipse is still there atleast for another couple weeks. maybe more if funding comes

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
actually they got funding. they have enough money for another couple weeks. they may be still getting the couple million or bilion dollars they needed but not very lickely. all paychecks are being paid and work starts again on monday. my dad is quality assurance manager. he is actually is getting a different job because they are way to unstable obviously. so eclipse is still there atleast for another couple weeks. maybe more if funding comes
Correct.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats horrible. hopefully everyone finds a job.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
your mother reads to me
the big number was what a manager gave me, maby it was 20,mil but he has some deep roots at intel( fixed just to say alot.)
Dude, Google is your friend! I'm not sure about your rumor-mill, but I think given the current economic climate; it doesn't matter where you work. NONE of our jobs are safe.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20080115corp.htm

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/INTC/465406412x0x249111/65bbee9c-4fbf-48ac-8843-8de6ba944854/Q408BusinessUpdate.pdf

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
fuck keith, may be time to look for a new job
I don't technically work for Eclipse as of November 1st, I work for Computer Sciences Corporation. Eclipse has contracted them to do their IT work so my job is secure. Although, the last paycheck that Eclipse owed me happened to be this most recent one where "Eclipse employees won't be paid for their last two weeks of work." As of today apparently Eclipse will be able to make payroll, albiet a few days late, so I hope to see that money next week. :) I feel bad for Eclipse employees, though. :(

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
My job is way safe....company keeps posting profits, we have more jobs than we know what to do with, hell im making more money now traveling than i would at home....I love my job!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Dude, Google is your friend! I'm not sure about your rumor-mill, but I think given the current economic climate; it doesn't matter where you work. NONE of our jobs are safe.
Yea pretty sure my job is just about the safest you can get, as far as job security goes. As far as physical safety, well that's another story...lol

USMC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts