True Street Car Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Ill bet 20 bucks the track doesn't close for at least another 4 years who will take that bet????
damn I would jump on that one but there is no way that I'm going to wish for the track to close just to make a little cash..

·
Praying for TSC
580 Posts
No need to worry- Pat Lyons is gonna hook us up. The track will be open for another two years minimum. Getting a new drag strip built is another issue though. :shrug: :banghead:

·
Old School > young punks
1,821 Posts
Art I'll take the 4 year bet now. Just kidding. I really hope this is true.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry guys I was out of town racing and didn't check this until I got back today. Lets not doing anything yet. There are several things in the works and has been for awhile now. We are talking to Forest City directly as well as the State Land Office. There WILL be a track next year, we are just working out the details. We are also working on some ideas to build a new track elsewhere. It is very clear that our track will not be able to stay where it is. IT MUST MOVE. So we are working on it. I will let you guys know if we need to print up stickers or make a movement public. HOLD ON TIGHT, I will let everyone know when we have a confirmation on the lease.

·
2nd Gear
692 Posts
:beer: I appreciate that news, very much.

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
Sorry guys I was out of town racing and didn't check this until I got back today. Lets not doing anything yet. There are several things in the works and has been for awhile now. We are talking to Forest City directly as well as the State Land Office. There WILL be a track next year, we are just working out the details. We are also working on some ideas to build a new track elsewhere. It is very clear that our track will not be able to stay where it is. IT MUST MOVE. So we are working on it. I will let you guys know if we need to print up stickers or make a movement public. HOLD ON TIGHT, I will let everyone know when we have a confirmation on the lease.

very nice to see a track owner involved with us as well as sharing info to the racing public.. :beer: please let me know how we can help..

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
That's awesome...thanks much for the info!! +hp

·
Old School > young punks
1,821 Posts
Thanks for the info and hard work Robert. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
I know it's will be time before another track would be built but where are the zones that are available?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The road in front of my house in Corrales is about a 1/4 mile long, all the neighbors drive a bazillion miles an hour anyway...A drag strip would blend right in. Bring it on... :headbang:

BTW: Thanks for the update...

Edit: If you build a new track, and want something built out of mud, let me know... :lol:

David C. Peterson Construction, Albuquerque Home builder

·
Ya'll better wreckonize.
1,149 Posts
There is lots of open land in Valencia County :headbang:

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's awesome...thanks much for the info!! +hp
+1, nice to know we have a breather......for now

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
let me know if you need any help on the printing end of this if we have to go public. i will be more than happy to donate what i can to the cause. losing the strip for good would be horrible for the racing community here.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts