True Street Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Psssh. Mustang
2,072 Posts
No shit...I'm damn near too old to drive on the street, let alone race on the street.... :eek:ldman:

If closing the track does actually come to fruition directly because of Ray Powell, we all need to plaster all our cars with "Ray Powell Supports Street Racing" bumper stickers.

But...We don't really know what Matt Rush would have really done either. Once these guys get voted in. They're owned, and we're fucked.
Yes!

·
3rd Gear
1,124 Posts
Print one out I'll buy that shit

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I need 4.... :headbang:
I would need alot more than 4.. Hell I'll put them on my cars, my parents cars, my friends cars, I'll even stick a few on my dog. Maybe that will give me incentive to walk the ***** more often :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,183 Posts
Give me a little bit, they will be in white and blue, maybe $1 a piece so I can recoup the vinyl costs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Damn we shoulda had those stickers before the election..
Yep .... and maybe we should have taken this more seriously and talked to our friends, parents and relatives about voteing for Rush. It is to late now, Powell is in power. I am sure Robert will be trying everything in his power to keep the gates open. We also have a new governor, hopefully she will realize how important the drag strip is.

·
Makes them go topless
2,955 Posts
I also will need about 15-20 stickers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep .... and maybe we should have taken this more seriously and talked to our friends, parents and relatives about voteing for Rush. It is to late now, Powell is in power. I am sure Robert will be trying everything in his power to keep the gates open. We also have a new governor, hopefully she will realize how important the drag strip is.
I remember many racers writing letters to the govenor, Garry Johnson prior to the track closing and after powell had closed it.. It did nothing.. I think the Bumper stickers are great and I would get several..But the fact is If Powell wants it closed, he will close it. As for taking this more seriously,, Where were the Rally's and The signs at the track to get Matt Elected??
There were Rallys and Signs at the track that Larry Stepp posted to get Pat Lyons into office.. I didnt see anything this time..

·
Molon Labe
753 Posts
if enough negative press is levied against powell for his position on the dragstrip and closing it, well he may change his mind.

we need to pull out all the stops. we need petitions opposing the closure of the dragstrip. we need to go talk to the chief of police for albuquerque, and the sheriff for the county, and im sure they don't want to see a rise in street racing. if we have the police voicing concern and oposition againt the drag strip closing it may help us.

Get our biggest fan jeremy jojola to do news specials on the fact that the policies of the new commissioner of public lands will directly cause a rise in mayhem and street racing. might be worth getting larry barker involved.

the stickers are great but what about all of us pitching in to get a billboard with "powell supports street racing" pout on it.

What about things like lawren jones going on different radio morning shows to talk about the issue.

its to late to be offensive about it, we need to come up with one hell of a defensive plan to protect our dragstrip. The more public Hysteria we can create that powell closing the dragstrip will release a group of street racing and racers like the city has never seen before. also make it evident to the public that by powell shutting down the dragstrip he is hurting the local economy.

we need to all be unified to keep the track open so the pointing fingers thing needs to go. we need to release a shit storm of bad media against powell (tv, radio, internet, newspaper, petitions, billboards, bumperstickers, etc.)

41 - 60 of 94 Posts