True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have circket wirless on the west side near cottonwood mall?
I have verizon now and i love it but i am looking to try and save some money and thinking about going to cricket and flashing my droid x over. They won't let me try it at my house anyone wanna help me out that has cricket and see if it will work at my house before i make the switch?
or should i totally avoid changing over?
I'm paying 165ish a month for 2 lines with only 700 mins which is way more then we need this is with a corp discount through my company as well. We had sprint before but it didnt work in my house since we just moved here from out of state.

·
PSI FTW!!!!
4,977 Posts
im thinking about dumping my tmobile for cricket. they have droids and there shit works in place my tmobile doesnt

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just want to make sure its going to work where i live. Yeah there plans are cheap unlimited everything 40-55 a month. I was just going to flash my current phone to cricket my self lots of videos and info on how to do it.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they dont have a limit, they limit your speeds once you reach 1gb.

"Rate plan contains a 1GB data usage level. Once you reach your usage level your speeds will be reduced. See our Fair Use Policy for details."

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
i have cricket it works just fine, cricket uses at&t towers so you get the same service and i have the new cricket droid, and it works awsome

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any chance we could get together and see if it works at my house. I know thats a weird question but they want 30 bucks just for me to try it.

·
Nom Nom Nom Nom
936 Posts
I have boost mobile and it's 10X better than Tmobile ever was.

$50 + $3 tax a month for unlimited everything. Just gotta buy the phone up front. I use the Sanyo Incognito it's pretty decent. I mainly use voice and txt but I'll use the web here and there to check sports scores, etc.

They have a new thing they are doing called "Shrinkage" which makes your bill even less. Just setup an auto-draft for your account and you can take advantage of this. They give you a $5/month discount after 6 months of no-late payments, then another $5/month for 12 months, then the last $5/month after 18 months. So if you did the whole thing your bill will be $35/month plus $3 taxes for umlimited everything. Also if you setup auto-draft they will give you another $3 credit every month.

Boost is the no-contract offering from Sprint. Coverage is actually pretty good. Definately much better than Tmobile, but not Verizon...

No Roaming fees, no contracts, and it works everywhere in the US...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol, im paying $145 for two droids thru verizon with 700 minutes and that includes my corporate discount as well. Im the same as you don't need the minutes as i mostly text lol.

hope you don't regret switching to cricket. I know that you will loose some capabilities in your X once you switch over.

my sister flashed a droid to cricket and damn thing sucked because she lost some capabilities. She ended up buying an android phone thru cricket which worked alot better than flashing.

so make sure you research before you regret it

·
I'm kind of a big deal
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i've been reading about it some. Yeah mine is suppose to be around 145 but with insurance and taxes and shit its about 168 a month i am very happy with their service its just damn spendy

I need the extra money for my car :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts