True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who dislikes NHRA Safety Rules needs to HUSH... The Blue Vette in the center did not have a great day. As you see, he is getting ready for his run...

This is how the car came back. The driver was fine. He got out of the car on his own and into the ambulance. He has bruises and banged up, but because of ALL the safety requirements, he walks away from this....

·
1,820 Posts
Cool Him or anyone else did not get hurt, sucks to see the car gone that had alot of money tied up in! But he is here to race another day, that is all that matters.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Hell ya. Good thing he's aight.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Wow just shows how much it is a good thing to invest in the correct safety equipment.

Glad he is ok.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Damn that sucks that car is gone I bet they well salvage some parts and make a new car something bigger and better.

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! I am glad he is ok. Anyone know what happened? Just squirly or what?
Scott, he had just crossed the traps when the back end let loose (why, dunno?). The car then shot over to the left lane, nearly missing the Nova, pitching back towards the right lane, then barrel rolled three times hitting the K rail (can see the "V" in the front roll bar at the top of the windshield) and come to rest on his wheels.

Props to the driver of the Nova who saw this in his rear view. He stopped immediately to render aid.

G

·
I'm glad the driver was ok, and walked away from it. Sucks about the car. #1 rule always..Safety first..no mater what the cost/price of it is.

·
Registered
706 Posts
thanks for posting this Ron... maybe now the crybabies:nono: who complain about roll cages/bars will reconsider....
Yeah, nobody likes a roll bar in their car.......until they're upside down!

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
That sucks bad!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts