True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Waiting for secondaries. . .
2,926 Posts
Attention whore

G

·
I'm looking for a nice 500 RWHP, naturally aspirated. A little button just in case. Should be fun and a car you can drive anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I'm looking for a nice 500 RWHP, naturally aspirated. A little button just in case. Should be fun and a car you can drive anywhere.
Gonna do heads and all the bolt ons?
Throw a 125 shot on it and it'll make low 500s easy

·
Obamanos
2,470 Posts
Not impressed....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^lol. I think it shows the potential of the coyote platform. To make a 1k with an off the shelf novi 2200 kit, is impressive to me. I have seen a 7 liter(125 more cubic inches) ls engine with a ysi(on twentish lbs) not able to make a thousand to the wheels without having all kinds of issues. :twocents:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Makes me think I should have kept the z06 at 550rwhp n/a and just modded the mustang. For what I'm spending on a 427 LSX shortblock I could have had a forged coyote and a blower kit.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Makes me think I should have kept the z06 at 550rwhp n/a and just modded the mustang. For what I'm spending on a 427 LSX shortblock I could have had a forged coyote and a blower kit.
Stick with the 427 LSX. Your average hp/tq throughout the rpm range is what you want. Not peak #'s. Lots of high compression motors on boost out there making huge numbers.....Nothing new.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Stick with the 427 LSX. Your average hp/tq throughout the rpm range is what you want. Not peak #'s. Lots of high compression motors on boost out there making huge numbers.....Nothing new.
You implying the recent coyote builds are just dyno monsters? On the actually built ones running, not the motiva special, avg # are pretty solid for a 302

1 - 20 of 23 Posts