True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corvettes and dirt roads don't make a good match. They aren't the best rally cars. Stupid SUVs were passing me, but if there was more pavement I think I could have won.

Went up Big Cottonwood Canyon here in SLC and had a nice dinner at Silverfork Lodge with my lady. Because of some idiots there was a huge accident at the mouth of the canyon completely closing down the road out. Police said it would be 3 hours before it was opened again. Only option was to blast up the canyon and rally over guardsmans pass which is a dirt road over the top of the mountain that goes into Park City.

I'm glad I had my APSIS fender guards on the car.

Atleast the views are pretty if you ignore the huge drop off and cliff on one side.

GMC Terrain making the pass for the lead.

I didn't win the race but I made it home. Now it needs a good washing and will be all good.

Cammed modded Z06s probably aren't the best rally cars, but they work if needed.

·
WIDELOAD
1,139 Posts
+hp for not being a pussy and just waiting for the road to reopen!!

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
HOLY SHIT NICK YOU ARE CRAZY!! But mad props for actually taking your car where 99.99999% of other vette owners would never think of taking their cars! +hp senior!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad we didn't get video of power sliding through corners. Just had to avoid the huge rocks in the road. Looking over the car, besides some dust/mud it looks fine. Without the APSIS guards up front I bet the whole side of the car would have been covered in dirt/rocks.

·
5th Gear
3,516 Posts
I love Vette owners that don't just take them to golf clubs. +HP :headbang:

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
Too bad we didn't get video of power sliding through corners. Just had to avoid the huge rocks in the road. Looking over the car, besides some dust/mud it looks fine. Without the APSIS guards up front I bet the whole side of the car would have been covered in dirt/rocks.
I guess those $10 option mud guards were a great investment huh!! lol, most people who buy vettes would probably never think of a reason why they need the guards up front, but now you have given them a reason to.....wonder when we will see a Z06 in rally racing?? :lol:

·
Registered
332 Posts
do it enough and just be ready for your side skirts to get alot of rock scratches....that said, dirt and rwd is a blast. there's some fun roads up in tijeras and the sandias. i haven't seen any zo6's, but i know alot of 350z's get rallied.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the front mud guards are $300. Dumb corvette tax. Well worth it though to keep the side of the car clean and prevent the vents on the back from getting chipped up.

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
do it enough and just be ready for your side skirts to get alot of rock scratches....that said, dirt and rwd is a blast. there's some fun roads up in tijeras and the sandias. i haven't seen any zo6's, but i know alot of 350z's get rallied.
With him being in Utah I doubt he will be doing much runs though the sandias and tijeras,lol

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
That's some ballsy shit right thurr man, I wish I could see the other peoples faces when they saw you on the road. +hp for not being a pussy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts