LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Ya hellion is out of alb i saw this car in a magazine
I think chris bussel is gonna be at the track tomorrow in
his hellion powered supercharged notchback running 8's on drag radials!!!!!!!!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya hellion is out of alb i saw this car in a magazine
I think chris bussel is gonna be at the track tomorrow in
his hellion powered supercharged notchback running 8's on drag radials!!!!!!!!!
Holy shit. That would be cool to see.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
yeah, real sweet when it takes 30lbs of boost to duplicate that which takes 20lbs if you actually did it right.

the only reason they divised this bullshit kit was for people who were too cheap to pay for a legitimate intake/fuel setup.

the kit is a bullshit excuse to add stress to your motor.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL I say leave the compound boost for the Diesels!
You really only need one or the other(pwr adder) and would make just as much or more. Just gives you the option of running streetable with the blower. Or swap in an intake and make crazy power on the same boost level all turbo's.

·
741 Posts
You need to compare the two torque curves before you dismiss compound boost. With the supercharger the boost (and torque) came on MUCH sooner. It would make a much more responsive street vehicle. The twin turbo, no supercharger run made more power, but only in high rpm range. The compound boost made more average power, or area under the curve.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to compare the two torque curves before you dismiss compound boost. With the supercharger the boost (and torque) came on MUCH sooner. It would make a much more responsive street vehicle. The twin turbo, no supercharger run made more power, but only in high rpm range. The compound boost made more average power, or area under the curve.
Ahhhh that's why Hellion calls it streetable with the blower still on it.

·
Whippled Charged...
1,085 Posts
Ive got to start saving for a hellion TT setup with my whipple.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
That car was For Sale on craigslist for a while. I wonder if they sold it. Its a sick as car looks and sounds good.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You nailed it, too many people look at 'Peak' horsepower numbers , they never even bother to go down in the RPM curve and compare HP/TQ numbers, a lot more time is spent there during acceleration than at peak power, higher average torque/ horsepower, is the way to go in a 'STREET' driven car.
I like Blowers, I like Turbo's and I like N20, now if they would put a 150 shot in that kit.....finished.

·
Hakuna Matata Bitches
94 Posts
It is for sale and I think they still have it over at Motiva right now. Its a 10th anniversary edition and looks awsome. It has a 4.6 Aluminator in it and I think it made like 1200 with methanol. Now as cool as the Hellraiser kit is I don't think I would go with it just because of the price. You can get their twin kit for less and make the same power, but the concept is awsome and having the eaton with the stock pulley looks cool. I'd have to agree with BadNews, put the button on that thing too. I'm pretty sure you'd blow the heads off it but why not. Beautiful car and top notch work none the less.

G

·
It is for sale and I think they still have it over at Motiva right now. Its a 10th anniversary edition and looks awsome. It has a 4.6 Aluminator in it and I think it made like 1200 with methanol. Now as cool as the Hellraiser kit is I don't think I would go with it just because of the price. You can get their twin kit for less and make the same power, but the concept is awsome and having the eaton with the stock pulley looks cool. I'd have to agree with BadNews, put the button on that thing too. I'm pretty sure you'd blow the heads off it but why not. Beautiful car and top notch work none the less.
they want like 50 grand for that ca,r i think it be be for sale for some time

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know the Hellion guys do Ford stuff, but if they ever wanted to do a Chevy project, they could do whatever the hell they want to my car, their work is top notch.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
I dont like it. Tons more strain on the motor for not near as much peak power LB for LB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts