True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you guys think about this roll cage? I like that its integrated into the factory plastics and its got swing outs. Its custom but gives me an idea for when I do mine.

I would change the rear bars though, so I can fit my targa top on the holders. What are the rules on the rear bars. Could I make them go straight into where the back seats are rather then in the hatch area?

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
I believe you can go over the seats like the one in the pic, and you can also have it run into the rear wheel well like the way Sean has his in the Camaro.

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
That looks pretty good man. I'll think of how to do mine as soon as my shit runs like it needs one haha

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
That looks pretty good man. I'll think of how to do mine as soon as my shit runs like it needs one haha
Soooooo Never? Come on Munuz, it is time to get your shit going. You need to get kicked off the track before you worry about a cage.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I don't have a rulebook in front of me, but I believe as long as you have rear bars it doesn't particularly matter where they go, they are there for support of the main hoop (at least until you get to the more complicated cages).

As long as that cage attaches correctly then it will be legal. Looks great too, I'd like to see you do it!

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
I posted the rule book in the other thread. The back bar looks too high and side kickers too low.

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted the rule book in the other thread. The back bar looks too high and side kickers too low.
The sides are no worries for me. Ill put where they need to go because they will be removable. But are you saying the top hoop cannot be high? I wanted it to hug the roof as much as possible making it a lot less visible. Edit I saw you other post. I'm going to look it more closely after dinner.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Cisco he was meaning the crossbar where your harnesses attach. It must be within 4" of your shoulders IIRC.

The door bar must pass somewhere between your shoulder and elbow when you are seated in the driver's seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts