True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Few things to keep in mind when picking out a C-4, and mind you, I'm no expert, but I learned some things the hard way.

There are two different bell housing sizes. It's either big or small. You have to get the right size flexplate for the bell housing, or the starter won't work. I can't remember the tooth count exactly, for each one, but it's something like 132 for the small and 164 for the big one. Thankfully the bell housing unbolts from the front, so you can just swap it for the one you want if you need to. If your motor has big compression, the big one would help the starter. I had the small one for a while, but my battery and starter did not like it. Keep in mind that you have to get the flexplate with the right counterweight on it. I think there are two....28 oz., and 50 oz....or if your motor is zero balanced, just cut the counter weight off whatever one you end up with.

There are two different tranny cases as well. One has the dipstick in the side of the pan(early years), and the other has it in the case itself. Either will work, but the one in the pan makes it a PITA to change the pan gasket, or do anything with the valve body.

Like I said, I'm no expert on all this, just some things I learned when I was putting the C-4 in my Ranger. Hope some of it helps your install go smoother than mine did! Ha Ha!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.