True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my last ride (84 Z) had a stock bottom end 350, h/c/i/spray, and before I sold it in 2007 I blew the motor up. I never got the chance to pull it apart and see what exactly happened. So my dad finally got motivated to tear it down for me and investigate. This is what he found... The cam was snapped into 3 pieces which is what might have caused the catastrophic failure lol. so the rear part of the cam stopped spinning which caused the valves to stay open and then the pistons came up and kablewie. here is what it looks like...

The main bearings looked perfect he said, but you can see where the cam doesn't line up so that is where is snapped....
Crazy.
So what did I learn from all this???? Don't rev a $57 summit cam to 6500rpm on a 125shot....it will say bye bye...

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
Ouch! Kind of looks more like a connecting rod failure to me???

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch! Kind of looks more like a connecting rod failure to me???
Um ya know what, it very well could have been...There was just so much damage, I can't really figure it out....

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6500 on the button poor rods lol . how the girls in japan ?
Man, don't get me started on them Japahoes....lol hows the superman? lol

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww, just put that rod in a vice to bend it straight and save some money! :)
Oh for sure man, and JB Weld the cam back together?! shit will have a sick lope!! timing all fucked and shit...

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a stock 5.0 cam for you just install backwords .lol . im good how are you .
Yea that's a negatory...and I was referring to the mustang...unless you really are bullet proof...ever get her freshened up??

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes fogger is not working yet . but the motor runs good :driving:
Dart block huh? Did you get any more cubes or are you using the same internals?? Whats the specs on the cam?? Huge as F*** or what? Nitrous grind? And how much you gonna spray??

·
Registered
311 Posts
C-C-C-Combo Breaker:puke:

Holy shit man, when you blow one you blow the hell out of it.

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
No bueno for that motor..

·
faster than a speeding bullet
928 Posts
Dart block huh? Did you get any more cubes or are you using the same internals?? Whats the specs on the cam?? Huge as F*** or what? Nitrous grind? And how much you gonna spray??
dart block , eagle crank &rods 327 cid , crane sollid roller 600ish nos grind . tci super street converter . nos fogger 200 shot , 8.8-1 compresion. edelbrock heads (my old ones ) super victor intake . a little less cubes less compr. but it runs good for small small block :headbang::headbang:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts