True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Different groups of car people are so different. Ive been messing with the Supras and for the most part the guys interested in these cars are cool. They love street racing. Some of the big dog Supra owners can start to get a bit cocky though.

Ive noticed since I got the Mustang that the stang guys are really cool. This only applies to the guys that actually race and build cars. The kids out there with their stock cars are another story.

How are the groups you have experience with?

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
There are a lot of cool Mustang owners, but then there are a TON of dipshit mustang owners which I cant stand. Honestly, I think its pretty much that way with every "group" of cars, at least thats how its been with my experiences. With the SRT4, there were some that were very cool, but most annoyed the fuck out of me. And the STi, well at that time there werent all that many locals with them yet, but the few that I met and talked to were very cool.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Majority of the LS1 guys that actually mod and race their cars are cool. I'm sure there are people in every car group that aren't so cool though.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
I don't think it depends on the type of car you drive as much as if you're really into the hobby. I've noticed the more a person is really into cars the less bullshit comes flowing out of their mouth and the easier it is to get along with them. The same is true for bikes too. I can't stand the guys who buy a GSXR 1000 off the showroom and act they know how to ride, 100mph yut ughhh wheelies with no helmet at our spot. If you buy a car, bike, etc, learn about it, build it, come hang out, ask questions, observe, and don't try to act like a badass right out of the gate.

I'm ok with the big dogs being cocky, but my experience is the longer they've been around, the more they know about cars, the faster their car is, the less cocky they usually are. Same is true for skills on a bike.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Lol! I am a mustang owner though and I am a dipshit!!!! Lmao! J/king. A lot depends on age is my opinion. Where do the Honda guys fall into play?! "Im gonna start a race with whoever pulls the fuck up next to me, fuck! I can't feel my naaaawwwwz!"

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Motorcycle guys are all cocky.......nothing can beat a bike....you know that... :nono:

:lol:
I remember the first time a car beat my R6 from a roll. I couldn't fucking believe it. Fast forward about 10 years and I'm a wee wiser. :driving:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Old muscle car guys are the worst, "back in the day this, I remember when that" they all have the same fear of new technology, as for Mustang owners, I think it's in the numbers, I mean you can't slap a hooker without her falling into a Mustang, so with so many Mustang owners out there , you're bound to come across a few Idiots, the same for any brand that gets saturated, most of the car people I know are all pretty cool, Import, Mustang, LS1, Muscle, pretty much the same, each group has it's assholes!

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
I love cocky motorcycle riders.. best people ever to race!

I think all car groups are the same, you got the cool guys that are down to earth, willing to help others, and all around comfortable people to be around and then you got the cocky dipshit asshole type.

·
Do you even lift kit?
260 Posts
Every group has their winners and losers. In the DSM world you had some smart, knowledgeable mofo's. But do to the cars being relatively cheap you get a bunch of dumbfuck ricers too. I imagine it is the same story in the Honduh world.

Same can be said for the Vette community, but instead you get the asshole rich guys who think they are the tits mcgee and need a reality check. Overall I like the Vette community more than any car group I've associated with in the past.

Back in the day I used to have a MX-6, so I used to be involved in the Ford Probe community. Aside from a few. most realized the cars were horribly unreliable and slow, which made for a very chill, relaxed group since only a few were actually trying to make them fast. The rest were just trying to keep them running. :lol:

The Dakota guys are a bunch of ******** which works well for me, with the exception of the RT guys trying to make a 10 year old truck run 12's.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I love to see cocky ass people who think they are faster then fuck get their asses handed to them its the funny shit to watch ever and I think all the TSC guys I chat with and hang with at the drags are the SHIT!!!! For the most part I'm chilling with the older guys Ramon and Angelo up hear in Santa Fe at the local Mieneke and man do they have some bad ass fucken stories about racing!!!!

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
For the most part everyone that makes a hobby out of this sport seems to be pretty cool.

I think its the people that just picked up a car, think its the fastest shit ever, or come from a small town with no competition which hypes them up and they come out with all the bullshit.

Just like when I got my car, I was pro LS1 like no other, anything out running around without an LS1 was a slow pile in my mind. After a while that changed and now I respect anything fast and enjoy hanging out with people that love this hobby, giving advice, helping other people out that are unsure of what to do or who to go to for something.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Most car owners i've dealt with are pretty cool.. I see a new car in town, i'll stop shoot the shit with him for a minute, then get his number and invite him to the scene. Haven't really dealt with dusche bags to much.

·
slow pontiac v6
80 Posts
ugh....as if there weren't enough reasons not to own a g6. the 'community' if you want to call it that is ridiculous. i never thought i would see a thread about underglow go five pages until someone tells them not to do it because its ricey...and it had to be me. and the lambo door thread, made me want to shoot myself in the foot. theres about 10 guys nationwide that any real interest in cars on the forum, and most of us have just stopped participating except to answer the questions noone else can... fuck

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
The Vega crowd, well they all died of old age, except for me and BADNEWS, but he has since graduated to a real car. Kids these days (some of them) are doing things with cars that was completely unheard of just ten years ago. I have a lot of respect for them. I hae noticed that cars (hot rods) cost sooo much more than they did "back in the day". But then again, back then a 12 second ride ruled the street.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I have a completely different point of view. I like the small time guys. I've always been all about them. I love seeing the guy who had nothing to race, yet hung out with all the other guys who were just like him/her in the begining. After watching, learning, and saving some money, that guy brings home a stock mustang, camaro, neon,.. whatever. Then all the guys he hung around with start comming around to help... turn a bolt here, drink a beer there, you get the drift. After a while, you see him on the street... then at the track... then in the twelves, then 11's, then tens, and so on. Yet the same group never leaves eachothers side. They are at the track and on the street every weekend together bull shitting, racing, yelling at hoes, what have you. Next thing you know... the cycle starts again... and again... and again. Thats how I keep close friends IMO. I turn bolts, help out, trailer stuff, you name it... just to hang out and make sure that when the day comes, all of our shit is running and we are enjoying ourselves. It goes with any kind of car for me too. Recently, a group of friends of mine got heavily into big-body 50's 60's and 70's iron. Caddys, Lincolns, Newports, everything big. I'm enjoying the hell out of it right now and its cool to see the guys I never thought to be car guys come out with something so different and with so much knowledge about what they have. Yet they all started somewhere which ties into my original opinion... the home-grown guys are the best... hands down. soon I'll be running a shop, and I'll make it a priority to cater to the do-it-yourselfers and thier buddies LONG BEFORE I suck a companies dick or juggle a race-teams nuts. Its what I would call caring for my community.

·
Panda the Destroyer
2,839 Posts
first car group i was in would be the dreaded Honda crew just a bunch of douchebags (the ones that know a thing or two) then the rest are ricers like fuck and think all motor hondas are god among men....then the LS1 crew which are a good group of people all knowledge about not a whole whole lot of douchbags and always dnow to lend a hand with any problems

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
+1 for Josef.

From what I have noticed:
The Honda crowd is fucking gay.
Not only is the Honda crowd lame as shit. It is full of thieves too! On top of that, 99.9% of the "Honda crowd" make less than like 200whp. Honda forums are mostly full of dumbasses, but yet again, once in a while, you'll come around a guy that builds a ridiculously quick Honda (In the Honda world, ridiculously quick = 9.xx for the most part) and is pretty intelligent, helpful, and cool.

I discovered this pretty much soon after I did my motor + 5 speed swap. And from pretty much that day forth, I have pretty much frowned upon the recent Honda community. Even though, being the fucking ********** that I am, I am pretty much obligated to be a die hard Honda guy. And I still am. But I have never really stayed with the Honda community here. They seem like they are all about being JDM, having intentions to go fast but never getting there, and Rota wheels. Not that I can say differently for myself, I don't really want to go super fast/make a ton of power in my Civic and I did not really want to follow the Honda crowd. I just wanted my Civic to be a fun street car from the very beginning and that's all. I'm still striving to get there, and hopefully I won't quit on it. If it ever gets to make around 450whp, I'll probably finally be done with Hondas.

But after being around Sean (LBZ34) enough, I guess it shows that he can turn an "obligated-to-be-die-hard-honda-guy" into an LS1 bitch.

Finally done with Hondas and moving on to a better platform in the near future (hopefully)!

Thanks for making me lose interest in my car, Sean. >.< .......100 miles, 200 miles, 300 miles on an empty stomach. Fucker.

Sorry for typing a fucking paper. I was in a typing spree.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts