True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Its Got an IntakeR!
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know absolutely nothing about car audio and need some help picking some new equipment for my car. I fried my speakers in the Pony by playing music too loud apparently and need some new ones. I was looking at onlinecarstereo.com cause thats where I get all my stuff so far. I currently have an Alpine touch screen deck in the car and thats it. The speaker size is 6"x8" but I dont know what brand or what specs to look for. Any help?

·
زنجي الر
3,361 Posts
I would say Alpine Type R speakers or, the Infinity Kappa series speakers. I have dealt with both and they are amazing even for a 6x8 speaker. Is there a stock amplifier in the car or an aftermarket one at all?

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
alpine and infinity are probably your best bet. if you dont wanna spend too much pioneer and kenwood are pretty good too. ive had my kenwood sub and pioneer deck for almost two years and the only speakers in my car that didnt blow were the aftermarket pioneer ones in the front.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Infinity refrence speakers are cheap and great, if you have the cash buy yourself a Kappa component set and ride dirty :headbang:

P.S. alpine < pioneer....

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
how much do you wanna spend?? Infinity's are good, but there are far better ones if you wanna go big $$. Lets start with a budget and go from there,lol.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
infinity kappa components up front and infinity kappas in back with a type r sub. will be a little price but why not spend the money and time to do it right and like it after more.

·
Its Got an IntakeR!
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention the stock setup and my budget lol. Well, I have the door speakers, door subs, back subs and speakers, basically the cheap Shaker500 Ford setup which I hear comes with a shitty amp.

I'm lookin for mid range speakers. I'm not gonna spend a grand on audio equipment. Maybe a couple hundred on speakers and my stock subs are fine I think. I might need the amp too. I dont like to blast the speakers but I like em loud enough so it can play over the exhaust when I need to. Do Alpine speakers work better with my Alpine deck or does mixing and matching not matter?

·
Registered
226 Posts
It all depends on your taste, what kinda music do you like?

·
Registered
226 Posts
then go with polk or infinity, do you still have the factory deck in the car? if so you cant change the factory amp out because you wont get any sound at all.

·
Its Got an IntakeR!
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I have an alpine touch screen in there. Hmm i'll look around and see what I can find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts