True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between the Z-28, Iroc Z, and the RS in the 1990 Camaro? :pimp:

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Represent three different mullets!!

1. The Ape Drape
2. Kentucky Waterfall
3. Beaver paddle

·
Resident Retard
5,506 Posts
Dan is absolutely correct. I think they even offered a trailer hitch as an option as well...

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
I hate all of you...besides Iroc313...

Well 1990 was the last year for the IROC-Z's which came with a 5.7 TPI L98, and they only came with A4 700R4's, (no 5 speeds) upgraded suspension (stiffer springs, bigger swaybars, wonder bar) 3.42 limited slip diff, and 16" Z rated tires. The Z28's Could have came with either a 5.0 TPI or the 5.7 L98, and you could get a 5 speed with the 5.0 not with the 5.7, the Z28's came with 16" standard tires, and limited slip diff. (3.73's with the 5 speed, 3.23-3.43 with the A4). Now the RS you could get with a number of different combo's like a v6, TBI 305, standard suspension, upgraded suspension, 5 speeds, A4's, limited slip, open diffs, a number of different gear ratio's, The best way to find out what you have is to look up the option codes and use an RPO decoder to figure out what they all mean. You can find one on thirdgen.org

Why do you ask?

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate all of you...besides Iroc313...

Well 1990 was the last year for the IROC-Z's which came with a 5.7 TPI L98, and they only came with A4 700R4's, (no 5 speeds) upgraded suspension (stiffer springs, bigger swaybars, wonder bar) 3.42 limited slip diff, and 16" Z rated tires. The Z28's Could have came with either a 5.0 TPI or the 5.7 L98, and you could get a 5 speed with the 5.0 not with the 5.7, the Z28's came with 16" standard tires, and limited slip diff. (3.73's with the 5 speed, 3.23-3.43 with the A4). Now the RS you could get with a number of different combo's like a v6, TBI 305, standard suspension, upgraded suspension, 5 speeds, A4's, limited slip, open diffs, a number of different gear ratio's, The best way to find out what you have is to look up the option codes and use an RPO decoder to figure out what they all mean. You can find one on thirdgen.org

Why do you ask?
Thanks man, I ask because I traded onefastlt1 his camaro for one that I had he said it was a Z but I want to make sure. I put it on craigslist and I have had people tell me its not a Z its an Iroc but i think it is a RS because of the tbi but not sure. I want to backcross the vin to see what i get or do what you said any other ideas I can do to see what I have. Still I got a good deal and the car is great just want to verify to be certain on what im telling people when I try to sell it.

Attachments

·
Slow, but shiny.
86 Posts
Thanks man, I ask because I traded onefastlt1 his camaro for one that I had he said it was a Z but I want to make sure. I put it on craigslist and I have had people tell me its not a Z its an Iroc but i think it is a RS because of the tbi but not sure. I want to backcross the vin to see what i get or do what you said any other ideas I can do to see what I have. Still I got a good deal and the car is great just want to verify to be certain on what im telling people when I try to sell it.
LS1/T-56/12 bolt.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
The 1990 i picked up from you guys several years back was a Iroc-Z. Don't know the differences though. It may not be a z28 but could be a iroc z.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thats why i want to know because its a 1990 the last year of the Iroc im not sure if mine is a early or late month car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts