True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking int getting a cam soon for the T/A but what cam is good for an almost daily driver car? Also where would be a good place to order or buy one from any ideas? Thanks!!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Something around 228-230 duration I would say. With all supporting bolt ons and a stall if your Auto. Excellent mid range with the top end pull your looking for....

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Im looking int getting a cam soon for the T/A but what cam is good for an almost daily driver car? Also where would be a good place to order or buy one from any ideas? Thanks!!

A 224 cam is great for dd duty but a bit small for the power and cam sound. The bigger cam options are endless and they all make great power. What is most important is how lopey do you want it and what is your goal with the car? I.E. nitrous, FI heads cam, stroker, etc....

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Just an FYI, I put 30k miles on my cam....231/235 .643"/645" 113LSA....as a daily driver and still made 434rwhp on the stock short block through a unlocked nitrous converter.

Never had any problems driving it, it was very docile.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Was thinking of setting it up with a small shot of nitrous eventually, but also i would like the cam to have great sound as well as power, (for a daily driver). Also i heard the torquer cam was a good set up for what im looking for. What do you guys think?

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
I Was thinking of setting it up with a small shot of nitrous eventually, but also i would like the cam to have great sound as well as power, (for a daily driver). Also i heard the torquer cam was a good set up for what im looking for. What do you guys think?
Just like Sean said, all depends on what you wanna do with the car in the long run. Check out this sticky over on LS1TECH.com....
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/327734-cam-guide.html

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks there is alot of info here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts