True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2002 corvette zo6 and im deciding wether to install a nitrous kit(100 shot) or a ms4 cam and valve train set up on it. any suggestions anyone????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wish i could do both but can on;y afford one or the other for now. i know the 100 shot wont hurt an ls6 and will make a difference but a cam would be killer too i dunno its like bein a kid in a candy store dunno what to get! u want everything

·
Panda the Destroyer
2,839 Posts
if your looking at doing both in the long wrong idk about an MS4 being a good nitrous cam, i would look at doing something else and possibly nitrous in the future

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not doing both in the long wrong its either one or the other? the ms4 cam is wicked for a zo6 tho sounds sweet and delivers good rwhp gains, from what ive seen.

·
Panda the Destroyer
2,839 Posts
that is a tough choice..of course nitrous is a cheaper option, except for the fact of refills and whatnot, and it is what i did right away as well lol so i may have to say nitrous, but im still torn cuz cammed c5 zo6s move out nasty

·
Doesnt know jack shit
3,680 Posts
since you are looking at spraying in the future, if you go cam first, you may as well get a cam thats good for spray that way you can really take advantage of the cam in the long run.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Do a different cam other than the MS4 if you're planning on a nitrous set up. My SS has the MS4, I've been hesitant to spray it because that cam is not very nitrous friendly.

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
i got a 2002 corvette zo6 and im deciding wether to install a nitrous kit(100 shot) or a ms4 cam and valve train set up on it. any suggestions anyone????
Dont do ms4 i have a friend tat has a camed headed camaro on a 200 shot that only goes 12.00 FUCK THAT JUNK CAM MS3 RULES

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
There isn't an issue on whether a cam would be nitrous friendly or not, spray is gonna work no matter what. The issue is whether a cam is optimal for use with nitrous.

Get the cam first and get it out of the way. You know that you will also be upgrading your valvesprings, pushrods and other components as well? That's another plus to go along with the cam...more durability for down the road.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts