True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so need some recondmendations (spelling?) on a cam. Looking for something not too harsh so can drive daily if need to. Also wanting something that is more for racing not dyno #'s. Was looking at Item Detail Texas Speed Torquer v.2 Camshaft, but also see a lot of people going with the magic stick 3.

Also nitrous is probably going to be added. (if matters)

·
Registered
255 Posts
MS3 all the way!

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
If nitrous is going to be used MS3 is the way to go.

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How rough is the ms3?

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts

·
you know you want me!!!
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6speed

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
Call TSP, they'll help you out. the ms3 is a good cam but I think you can try something different and get some better numbers.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
I would opt for either a 228r or a 224 depending on how mild you want it. And we are are TSP dealers. Can usually get you free shipping and sometimes a break on the parts.

·
NONE OF IT
4,333 Posts
I would opt for either a 228r or a 224 depending on how mild you want it. And we are are TSP dealers. Can usually get you free shipping and sometimes a break on the parts.
There ya go mach1nm, I think that 228r would be bad ass!

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
I would go with the Torquer 3. My friend runs that cam in his T/A and it runs damn good on motor and on nitrous and the car drives as if it were a much smaller cam, his car is also a 6 speed.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
I've always liked the Torquer 3. Was going to put that in the z28.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
a 224 or 228 cam is pussy. you will be disappointed. I ran a 230/232 cam in my daily driver when I was in college on the gas, and off, and I thought THAT was too small. If you go as small as a 224 you will be sad. I wouldnt go anything smaller than a 230ish cam, preferably a high 230's. It wont hurt your gas (I got 26mpg on the highway with mine) and you will make over 400whp with supporting mods.

My buddy makes 420+ with a T rex cam and that is his daily driver. Its all in what you can handle. IMO I would go with as big as possible. Id go T Rex or comparable.

Mid range power is for pussys. When the fuck do you ever need "mid range power" when you are racing?

The answer is never. Unless you are 47 years old and want a "slight lope" to add to your sweet catback, a bigger cam is the way to go.

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
a 224 or 228 cam is pussy. you will be disappointed. I ran a 230/232 cam in my daily driver when I was in college on the gas, and off, and I thought THAT was too small. If you go as small as a 224 you will be sad. I wouldnt go anything smaller than a 230ish cam, preferably a high 230's. It wont hurt your gas (I got 26mpg on the highway with mine) and you will make over 400whp with supporting mods.

My buddy makes 420+ with a T rex cam and that is his daily driver. Its all in what you can handle. IMO I would go with as big as possible. Id go T Rex or comparable.

Mid range power is for pussys. When the fuck do you ever need "mid range power" when you are racing?

The answer is never. Unless you are 47 years old and want a "slight lope" to add to your sweet catback, a bigger cam is the way to go.
Yeah, but what if he wants to do mountain runs? He might need some power before the curve to go through the turns. Bro.

:banghead: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
My MS3/Terminator Heads/Fast 90/90 made 491 with the 6 speed. Damn good if you ask me. Stock shortblock too...

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
MS3 on 114 lsa.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts