True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brothers bike was down for maintenance (he doesn't have a car) and he needed something to get around for ONE day. Long story short he gets off at the 12th street exit going west and goes through that fucked up intersection. Tank slapper. Throws him off at about 50mph (broken wrist/hand, road rash, nothing major). Oh well. What can you do. Rear end/subframe is bent along with a bunch of random damage you can't see in the pics. The cage completely protected the frame/engine (that SI cage is a fuckin' tank) so I'll just replace the subframe with the new SI one, and a couple other critical parts. I was going to wreck it this summer anyway, he just got the ball rolling a little early for me! :lol: This bitch is gonna be ready for summer, better than ever. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
I'm glad he's okay. It'll be a true street fighter now!

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
That sucks keith i know a guy in santa fe that has a parts 636 give me a ring if you need anything, he has forks to tail he wants to part it out anyways..

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
ouch , looks like he needs to practice on ur little 50, at lest his injuries aren't life threatening

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
oh bad luck!!! Glad he is ok though. +rep for staying positive on the situation.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll never guess the estimate from R&S to repair it...$10,000!!! Yeah. So it'll be totaled. I'm gonna buy that bitch back and pop some fuckin' wheelies, twisted subframe and all! :beer: You haven't lived until you've looped a bike and really not given a shit. :lol:

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Wow sucks for him! Good thing he's relatively okay...

Was it that intersection from 12th onto the frontage road? Its slippery through there, a little too much throttle and the rear end comes out and starts drifting when leaned over its a blast.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow sucks for him! Good thing he's relatively okay...

Was it that intersection from 12th onto the frontage road? Its slippery through there, a little too much throttle and the rear end comes out and starts drifting when leaned over its a blast.
No, he was going west on I-40, exited at 12th, and went through the light. I think the transition from the downhill offramp to the big hump in the intersection unweighted the front of the bike suddenly. If you aren't anticipating that at 50mph I can see it kicking your ass. He normally rides a '91 Honda Hawk GT; a far cry from a modern sport bike turned twitchy stunt bike. I don't think he was ready for the bike, had enough seat time, etc. Then again he is 15 so there's also a chance he was...um...just not thinking? Who knows. :)

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I had the bike back together and go to mount the 12 bar, turns out the subframe was bent more than I thought and when the 12 bar would have scraped it would of sent the bike into a death spin. :nono: So, I tore it all apart and ordered the new Sick Innovations steel subframe. Bitch will never bend. Problem is they are just starting to manufacture them and I won't get it for 3-4 more weeks. Oh well. More quality time on the 50 I guess. :lol: I got bored so I flipped the clipons. Stock they have a 7* downward angle. Now it's 7* upward. Feels kinda like dirt bike bars, way more comfortable for moving around the bike. :headbang: I can't wait to ride (crash) this thing dammit!

Attachments

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
glad to hear he is ok. crashing a bike is no fun that i for sure. moral of the story is get a car... lol well that is what i got from my incident. much nicer when you crash on 4 wheels and a cage around you. hope he gets better soon man and good luck with the new bike build..

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts