True Street Cars Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brothers bike was down for maintenance (he doesn't have a car) and he needed something to get around for ONE day. Long story short he gets off at the 12th street exit going west and goes through that ****ed up intersection. Tank slapper. Throws him off at about 50mph (broken wrist/hand, road rash, nothing major). Oh well. What can you do. Rear end/subframe is bent along with a bunch of random damage you can't see in the pics. The cage completely protected the frame/engine (that SI cage is a ****in' tank) so I'll just replace the subframe with the new SI one, and a couple other critical parts. I was going to wreck it this summer anyway, he just got the ball rolling a little early for me! :lol: This bitch is gonna be ready for summer, better than ever. :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I'm glad he's okay. It'll be a true street fighter now!

· DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,911 Posts
That sucks keith i know a guy in santa fe that has a parts 636 give me a ring if you need anything, he has forks to tail he wants to part it out anyways..

· Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll never guess the estimate from R&S to repair it...$10,000!!! Yeah. So it'll be totaled. I'm gonna buy that bitch back and pop some ****in' wheelies, twisted subframe and all! :beer: You haven't lived until you've looped a bike and really not given a shit. :lol:

· Banned
1,808 Posts
Wow sucks for him! Good thing he's relatively okay...

Was it that intersection from 12th onto the frontage road? Its slippery through there, a little too much throttle and the rear end comes out and starts drifting when leaned over its a blast.

· Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow sucks for him! Good thing he's relatively okay...

Was it that intersection from 12th onto the frontage road? Its slippery through there, a little too much throttle and the rear end comes out and starts drifting when leaned over its a blast.
No, he was going west on I-40, exited at 12th, and went through the light. I think the transition from the downhill offramp to the big hump in the intersection unweighted the front of the bike suddenly. If you aren't anticipating that at 50mph I can see it kicking your ass. He normally rides a '91 Honda Hawk GT; a far cry from a modern sport bike turned twitchy stunt bike. I don't think he was ready for the bike, had enough seat time, etc. Then again he is 15 so there's also a chance he was...um...just not thinking? Who knows. :)

· Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I had the bike back together and go to mount the 12 bar, turns out the subframe was bent more than I thought and when the 12 bar would have scraped it would of sent the bike into a death spin. :nono: So, I tore it all apart and ordered the new Sick Innovations steel subframe. Bitch will never bend. Problem is they are just starting to manufacture them and I won't get it for 3-4 more weeks. Oh well. More quality time on the 50 I guess. :lol: I got bored so I flipped the clipons. Stock they have a 7* downward angle. Now it's 7* upward. Feels kinda like dirt bike bars, way more comfortable for moving around the bike. :headbang: I can't wait to ride (crash) this thing dammit!

Attachments

· 331 Stroker
684 Posts
glad to hear he is ok. crashing a bike is no fun that i for sure. moral of the story is get a car... lol well that is what i got from my incident. much nicer when you crash on 4 wheels and a cage around you. hope he gets better soon man and good luck with the new bike build..

· Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.