True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 439 Posts

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My project car, a few of you know it, a 1984 Mustang coupe, t-tops(!). Have had it for a long while now, was originally found in a dirt lot by some old lady's house. Picked it up and drove it home with 2 blown headgaskets and then tore it down. Winter of '07 actually got serious after buying a donor car with a little motor ready to go in it. The engine is a fairly mild 331 utilizinga Vortech T-trim blower. It's gone a best so far of [email protected], driving pretty easy for fear of the stock T-5 tranny. This was an easy shakedown pass on pump gas with no methanol or intercooler. Looking for bottom 10s to high 9s once complete.

A rundown of the car; the pix and vids are of the old street-oriented setup, the car is in the middle of a total revamp. The parts list reflects the new stuff:

Chassis:
1984 Mustang LX
Wolfe Racecraft 12pt cage
MM full length subframes
1987+ LX conversion
Autoweld Chassisworks minitubs

Suspension
Front
QA1 tubular K-member
TeamZ adjustable chromemoly A-arms
Strange 10 way struts
Hypercoil 120lb springs
UPR billet camber plates
Strange Pro Race slotted disk brakes w/4-piston billet calipers
Ford manual rack

Rear
Autoweld chromemoly lower control arms (with 5/8" bolts)
Wolfe Racecraft chromemoly upper arms
Wolfe Racecraft anti-roll bar
Aldan Eagle billet 10x12 way shocks
Aldan 120lb springs

Engine
331ci stroker assembly
* Probe pistons
* Scat crank
* Scat connecting rods
* ARP bolts
AFR 165 heads (58cc chambers [small, I know])
Trick Flow Street Heat intake (changing to a Systemax)
Comp blower cam (.533/.544, 224*/230*@.050, 114 LSA)
Vortech T-trim blower (2.95"/6.87" pullies)
C&L 73mm MAF (changing to an Abaco DBX 85mm)

Drivetrain
Tremec TKO 500 (replacing old T-5)
Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
SPEC III 6-puck clutch
SFI billet flywheel
FRPP aluminum driveshaft
Strange 9" housing
Strange 35-spline axles
Strange Pro Race steel spool (lightened)
Strange aluminum Ultra-Case center section
Motive 3.70 gears

Miscellaneous
Magnafuel 625 fuel pump
Aeromotive regulator
Aeromotive billet fuel rails
Fragola nylon braided fuel lines
SN95 electric fan
MSD ignition
Summit 12 gallon fuel cell
Summit aluminum radiator
QA1 billet bumpsteer kit
Florida 5.0 gauge cluster (with other custom gauges)
Weld Alumastar 2.0 wheels
*17x4.5" front
*17x9.5" rear
315/35-17 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials

A couple videos and pictures, again this was back in 2008. As you can see the car will not cooperate off the line (bouncing) due to overly stiff springs in the rear. Also these runs were done with a stock T-5, hence me driving like a sissy.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymutzJvkWI"]YouTube - T-top Coupe Shakedowns 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvMLPumq3i0&feature=related"]YouTube - T-top Coupe Shakedowns 2[/ame]

Here's a few pix, these were taken in the fall of '08, obviously the car was unpainted still. Look in the thread for more updated pix.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've got millions of pictures, I'm just posting certain ones.

Anything you guys wanna see or ask about, fire away.

Old, homebuilt catchcan. This is going away (look way further in the thread).

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still have a LONG way to go, I'm just ready to get the cage put in and get this bitch painted.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's a couple shots of the current progress, the cage. It's a great fitting cage, except for that it wasn't made to fit a car with t-tops so we had to fit it up a little bit different as far as the front drops go. That threw off the fitment of the rocker bar and the door bar, which is gonna throw off the front crossbar...blah. LoL The 10.7 runs were done with just subframe connectors, eek.

·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
That is turning out really nice buffy. I may be mistaken but is that a picture of Johnny actually working??? lol

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
So... I know this guy that does paint....

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the luck we have around here with painters Josef, I may just have to take you up on that. Would need some bodywork but nothing major, the car is pretty straight. Mainly dings and around the fenders where I did some "clearancing". I may give you a call in a couple weeks.

Right now the engine is out cause it needed to be rebuilt, lost a lifter which jacked the cam, bearings, etc. etc. Gonna go ahead and hide all the wiring in the engine bay, reroute vacuum lines and other stuff, blah blah. The engine pic up top is kinda old, from right after I put the blower on.

And yes Joe, that's Johnny actually doing something. I can't believe it either, that's why there's pictures for proof. :p

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Just let me know Omar. You know I'll even pick it up and deliver as well. Your bad ass build needs some of Bennie's bad ass paint.

·
331 Stroker
684 Posts
nice stang!! keep going on it man itll be bad ass once finished. sometimes takes forever but its all worth it in the end. im on my last stages of my car too. just need front bumper, hood and paint and i will be happy for a while. till i feel like going induction!! good luck bro bad ass stang!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Man that thing is set up nice great lookin project car man that bitch rips it good luck with finishing it all up

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Main thing is just to get it finished out body/appearance wise, and then see how far the stock block will take me. Mid 10s isn't too shabby for a weak-dick 5 liter block.

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it's all together and on the stand right now. Besides the obvious broken parts, there were a couple small issues that I fixed up. I'm pretty sure it's gonna make more power this time. (Just hope it doesn't fly apart, lol).

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Damn... Nice ride... Sounds and looks like it'll rip on it..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Damn, that is one bad mother! Love to see it run.

1 - 20 of 439 Posts