True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

So a buddy of mine just picked up an old Mosin Nagant. I'm sure a few of you own, or have owned these rifles. Anyways, I was wondering where you've found the best prices on 7.62 x 54R locally in Albuquerque? I know you can find it dirt cheap in bulk on the internet, but he won't shoot it often enough to buy a can. Something more in the flavor of 20 round boxes would be good, or if there is a shop the sells individual clips of it out of their bulk stores.

Also, how robust are these things? This may be a stupid question, as I know they have a cult following. The only reason I ask is because he thinks this one is pretty old (I realize they are all pretty old), and is concerned about safety.

Thanks for reading!

·
3,470 Posts
very durable rifles. you'd be better off buying the online ammo. unless you find a member to sell you a few hundred rounds, there aren't any local deals

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
very durable rifles. you'd be better off buying the online ammo. unless you find a member to sell you a few hundred rounds, there aren't any local deals
truth. I would buy a crate, 880 rounds, from Sportsmans Guide right now for $160 and sell off half of it in smaller quantities and make all your money back. Shoot the 440 can for free. 54r is the best deal going right now and I would not wait much longer to buy some in quantity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts