True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I may be needing a tranny rebuild. Looking to install Tick Performance's kit or go 2004-R maybe 4L80E route. Of course I am trying to save some cash for my beer so a rebuild is more realistic for me at this time. Thanks,

-Tim

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
There is a badass shop on Montano and Edith (northwest corner) that helped me rebuild my T-5 twice. They are a cool bunch of guys and really just wanted to help and not take me for all that I had. I forget the name but it might be roadrunner transmission?? You should check it out.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think I know where you are talkin about, I lived a few blocks from there.
This build will have to withstand some power and the wick hasn't been turned up yet. The TA is just street drivn for now though.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Well there is always the TRANZILLA!! but that = $$$$

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, thats some $$$ right there. I saw your thread on boost for stock ls1's.
Go Procharger. I 've been there and had no problems with cooling but used Meziere's elec. pump. 8#'s max/ good cooling system/ pro tune and maybe some meth.
I wouldn't go with sts.

-Tim

·
LS1Guy widda 9sec Mustang
102 Posts
T56 rebuilds is gone, and owe a lot of money to people. I would use Tick Performance if you don't find a local place.

T56's aren't that hard to rebuild though.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
LOL, thats some $$$ right there. I saw your thread on boost for stock ls1's.
Go Procharger. I 've been there and had no problems with cooling but used Meziere's elec. pump. 8#'s max/ good cooling system/ pro tune and maybe some meth.
I wouldn't go with sts.

-Tim
What kind of procharger setup did you use? The ones for F-bods?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I realize this is two weeks old, and I don't want to shit on anyones business, but Roadrunner are crap. Last I heard they had two people working in the shop, and for a 2000 dollar transmission rebuild they'll charge 5000. Take your car to any transmission shop in the city, it doesn't even have to be mine, just as long as its not Roadrunner or Aamco.

BTW, you'll find most people don't want to build T-56's unless they're getting really strapped for work. We only recommend Rockland Standard Gear rebuilt T-56's, as those guys know how to build a good racing transmission.

·
Uh jus don reMember
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
I realize this is two weeks old, and I don't want to shit on anyones business, but Roadrunner are crap. Last I heard they had two people working in the shop, and for a 2000 dollar transmission rebuild they'll charge 5000. Take your car to any transmission shop in the city, it doesn't even have to be mine, just as long as its not Roadrunner or Aamco.

BTW, you'll find most people don't want to build T-56's unless they're getting really strapped for work. We only recommend Rockland Standard Gear rebuilt T-56's, as those guys know how to build a good racing transmission.
You have a tranny shop? How much is it to rebuild a tremec t45?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts