True Street Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm sure there will be a rule change for next year banning cars like that from competing since it's not a 'True Street Car' :willynilly: :cuss: :fox:
Stopping for gas 4 times a day is normal, ever drive a Dodge Ram?

I say insurance, registration and DOT tires. Yeah I know....Emissions is diff from BC to Sandoval County, but hey...I live in Sandoval.

:lol:

·
Registered
645 Posts
most deals like this in the country have a lead car and a sweeper. if you get passed by the sweeper, or get to the track after it you are out. Also must have registration, insurance right safety equipment to run speed you are going.
Don't know if the Nova was legal to go faster than 8.50
Angelo wasn't doing anything against the rules by stopping to fuel and cool the motor.
Again don't know if any rule said you couldn't go faster than you certification.

·
drinking wine on a beer budget
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Maybe it was all that mud. Every time you had wheel hop it dropped a ton of dirt on the track.
Good thing you don't work at the track if they saw it I would have got booted.

Congrats to Dan, Scott and Angelo

·
Chipotle is my life.
784 Posts
Had fun helping run the street fighter class. It was an amazing event this year! It expanded further than anyone's expectations, and it was all thanks to you guys! 3 out of the 4 finalists in street fighter broke out in semi finals. It was really fun and I'm a little scared about how big next year will be!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Had fun helping run the street fighter class. It was an amazing event this year! It expanded further than anyone's expectations, and it was all thanks to you guys! 3 out of the 4 finalists in street fighter broke out in semi finals. It was really fun and I'm a little scared about how big next year will be!
And at least two of the semi-finalists in the street fighter class broke out, maybe three of them actually LOL Shows you that sand-bagging is not as easy as you think it will be. :)

·
LS Junkie
2,706 Posts
Good job Dan. That trophy should have been mine. Stupid 5 hundredths lol
He'll of a race for sure. Should have? I don't know but it was a pleasure meeting you and I feel the .05 that got me last year. I also blamed my self but I have had to give credit to Chris for putting me there. It was cool to meet you in the final, your car is badass. Like I said that .0074 margin was crazy. The reaction really helped or I may have broke out as well. I don't even know how they would deal with that.

·
The Matco Man
132 Posts
Ya u killed me at the tree and in the 60ft.there wasn't much room for me to make it happen after I screwed up the start. A bumper might have made it happen but clearly a fender was too much. Great race man. That 5 hundy break out is going to haunt me for a while.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwP7JF98Us4"]HEAVY HITTERS CHAMPION AOCO 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1U6JYC8djo"]AOCO LET IT EAT CLASS CHAMPION 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

some phone vids i took

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
Glad everyone had a great time!! Id like to apologize for the parking situation, it was quite a bit more hectic than any of us imagined...we more than doubled last years crowd count and had close to 200 cars racing. Albuquerque Dragway will definitely be in need of expansion for parking and seating before next years event. As for the Nova, the car did fit in the posted rules and only stopped to fuel; as long as you make your call out with no tire changes and you pass tech then youre good to go. Some will hate it and others will love it. Post up your thoughts here and as usual, we will try to meet everyones needs to make sure you all enjoy the event in the future. however I must say the event will remain once a year; someone always asks for 2 but it takes a ton of planning and money to put on the event and it would ultimately kill the anticipation if we did it twice a year.

·
2nd Gear
1,801 Posts
If Rick Danger would of brought the fast car that last race would of been an amazing race between him and the nova both running around the same time.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.