True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about Anthony putting his car in the middle of all those Blown Alcohol cars:headbang:he must have coconut sized balls 'coco nuts'?lol, his car looks like something you might pull up to at a stop light, I realize he wasn't running the ET's some of those cars were, but the fact that he was in there roughing 'em up was something to see, one driving motherfucker. And I truly believe he's still a street racer at heart, just TOO fast for the street thing now.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Pullin them tires dirty...

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Watching him drive is always exciting! One of the best drivers around if you ask me. I was lucky enough to ride in that car on the street and all I can say is, INSANE!!! And he's right there with those guys, IIRC he didn't lose yesterday at all to those full blown race cars. Wonder how he did today?

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Dickson has always been a good friend. I love watching his cars go down the track. Hats off to him. Good job. He got burned down at the tree today and got eliminated first round... bu they loved him enough to pay him to make an exhibition pass. Good job Dickson Racing!!!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
The last pass... but all the passes before that... Dickson was sailing the boat.

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Anthony's car is so badass ansd he is such a stand up guy. He ALWAYS walks over and shakes my hand and says hello. He is always willing to help out as well.

·
AKA hondaman
1,346 Posts
Dickson is the man!

His car is the reason I bought a mustang in hopes of one da my car will be half as cool has his monster!

Here are the pics me and the wife took.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Im new to this site so let me first start by saying thank you for having me! Bad News thanks for starting this thread and for the kind words! Also to everyone that responded, thank you too! I was both flattered and honored when several of the other R.O.D.S racers approached me about racing the event. Like John said my car looks like your average ten second Mustang. Its not until people see it go that they understand why its in line with the blown alcohol tube chassis big tire cars with the motors higher than their roof lines! Like John also said we were not the fastest thing there, not even close! But the important thing is........... We were also NOT the slowest!! We qualified number seven out of 11 cars with an [email protected] Competing against 2500 lb cars with atleast 500 inch motors on 33x15 or bigger slicks with our street legal 3500 lb car with a HUGE 349 inch motor and 28x10.5 slicks and not doing too bad made me very proud this weekend. Im especially proud of my race team. There is no way I could do it without them. We had the nitrous fail in the staging lanes, and fixed it at the last second.... the boost controller fail in the pits for no reason right before the next pass... my boys climbed under it and by passed it at the last second.... the slicks went away and almost crashed.... Hellion Power Systems stepped up and gave us new tires.... my boy haulled ass across town and mounted them....and on and on and on! I considered packing it up at one point but glad we didnt. Yes we went out first round to a car we could easily have beaten but I cant blame anyone but myself because I have been burned down plenty of times before and for whatever reason today I fell for that old trick. Get her next time!!! We were invited to make an exhibition pass against Max Taffoya by Lawren Jones and Max and again we were so flattered!! We were rewarded with our fastest pass of the weekend [email protected] to Max's 8.36 @ 163mph. With all the good people in our race community and my team it was a fairytail weekend for sure! I want to thank the R.O.D.S organization, Lawren Jones, all the R.O.D.S racers, all the R.O.D.S sponsors, Abq Dragway, my team, my sponsors and of course all the TrueStreetCars.com members for having us! Thanks, Anthony Dickson

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Anthony, it was a true pleasure meeting you today. Maureen and I enjoyed watching you pull the fronts while still holding your own against those monsters. lol

Congrats again on that amazing last run.

Ron

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
I can honestly say this car is one of the few that makes me drop what I'm doing to watch. If I'm cookin' a burger it's gonna burn, 'cause you know shit's about to get crazy when Anthony stages. "A drivin' motherfucker" is a good way to put it, John. :beer: to Dickson Racing, on behalf of everyone at TSC we're very happy to have you guys around. +HP

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
Im glad you joined the site Anthony. Good job out there. Thanks again for the shirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also new to the site and most of you don't know me as my cars been sitting in Dickson's garage for almost a year and a half. Anyway, Anthony by far is the best kinda guy out there.
First off his car. This guy puts his heart and soul into that Saleen and it has paid off. It's nuts that a 91mm single Turbo setup could have anything on those RODS cars, but he surprised a lot of people out there, including himself I think. Being able to help pit for him this past weekend was awesome. It looks bad on paper he went out in the first round, but for those that were there know that it was not completely his fault and this guy can drive. He got screwed at the tree waiting for the nomad to stage, and she seriously took minutes from prestage to stage. In that time he built up so much f'in boost that when the tree finally went green, he popped a gnarly wheel stand and came down hard destroying his oil pan and cinching his exhaust which cost him a 9.xx pass. He coulda destroyed that car anytime. I think he proved that in his exhibition pass against Max Tafoya going an 8.48 on restricted flow exhaust for the best time of the weekend. He deserves so much credit for even entering that class let alone competing. I'm pretty sure he was technically the only real doorslammer with a street car chassi. I mean I didn't hear any of those other cars bumping TI in the staging lanes, lol.
On to Anthony. Probably one of the most stand up guys I've ever met and had the privilege to share the passion of cars with. When I first met him off of RSW I called him and told him what kinda trouble my car was in being parked in a shop down on Central and Pennsylvania. Without question he jumped in his truck and came and picked it up and brought it to his house. He gave me great prices and deals on parts and labor and is quick to. The only reason i don't have my car is because we are in a dispute with HP, but that's another story. As I've gotten to know him he's become one of my closest friends and being the age difference that I'm 23 and he's 37 kinda makes it go past friendship to the point that I am looking up to him. I'm very proud to be a member of Dickson Racing.
Anyway, after all my ranting, the whole point of this post was to say that Anthony is definately someone to meet and get to know if you haven't met him yet. There aren't many people like him. Also, any stang owners that want work done, go to him. Call him up at 5053282731 and the man will take care of you with no paranoia about honesty or the quality of work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts