·
FUCK FOURLOKO!!
10,258 Posts
Everyone and their mom has a damn mustang, its cool to be a bit more original

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats cool, as much as I hate to say it but , Mustangs and Camaros are dime a dozen.. Only cause we're state side..The amount of money I have in my car I'd have a pretty nasty Mustang or Camaro hell even a Mopar.:driving:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What kind if you don't mind me asking?
I use to have a 1981 VW Rabbit LS 4 door............

It was fast for it's time back in 1990-1998.

It had a mild built 1.7L 8.5 to 1 comp w/fully ported & polished 1.8GTI head, G grind cam, original Callaway turbo kit w/intercooler w/T04 turbo .63 A/R turbocharger set at 15psi, 40hp nitrous oxide fogger nozzle, 5th injector and controller, 5 speed trans........blah, blah, blah.....Anyhow, I ran the stock KJetronics but w/o the ECU so essentially had mechanical FI. Worked ok but if I had the chance to install modern injection, WB gauge and had access to a chassis dyno back then, I think I would have picked up some significant HP.

Best guess on possible ET/MPH performance was about a low to mid 12 second VW on street tires based on after a race with a 1989 Mustang 5.0 that ran high 12's on cheater slicks and the ol' Rabbit beat him by 3 car lengths on the street from a dig.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics and post soon

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I use to have a 1981 VW Rabbit LS 4 door............

It was fast for it's time back in 1990-1998.

It had a mild built 1.7L 8.5 to 1 comp w/fully ported & polished 1.8GTI head, G grind cam, original Callaway turbo kit w/intercooler w/T04 turbo .63 A/R turbocharger set at 15psi, 40hp nitrous oxide fogger nozzle, 5th injector and controller, 5 speed trans........blah, blah, blah.....Anyhow, I ran the stock KJetronics but w/o the ECU so essentially had mechanical FI. Worked ok but if I had the chance to install modern injection, WB gauge and had access to a chassis dyno back then, I think I would have picked up some significant HP.

Best guess on possible ET/MPH performance was about a low to mid 12 second VW on street tires based on after a race with a 1989 Mustang 5.0 that ran high 12's on cheater slicks and the ol' Rabbit beat him by 3 car lengths on the street from a dig.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics and post soon
Your the 2nd person I've ever seen turbo a 1.7...Sounds like it was a funny car to drive around and mess with people. My first Dub around that time was a 87 Golf 4 door that had a bad injecter that stutdered at low RPM..lol...I called that car The Super Sonic Golf with the Super Sonic Stutder..It was a little to rusty to fix up..But I beat the hell out of that car and it just wouldn't die..lol..I ended up putting a bigger clutch in it and the clutch was a little to strong for the clutch pedle to handle..It broke it right of the floor. So I just ended up junking it. 2 years later I found the Scirocco I have now.

Have you thought about building another one?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Your the 2nd person I've ever seen turbo a 1.7...Sounds like it was a funny car to drive around and mess with people. My first Dub around that time was a 87 Golf 4 door that had a bad injecter that stutdered at low RPM..lol...I called that car The Super Sonic Golf with the Super Sonic Stutder..It was a little to rusty to fix up..But I beat the hell out of that car and it just wouldn't die..lol..I ended up putting a bigger clutch in it and the clutch was a little to strong for the clutch pedle to handle..It broke it right of the floor. So I just ended up junking it. 2 years later I found the Scirocco I have now.

Have you thought about building another one?
Well kinda. I have been looking around for a 83-84 GTI to build something unusual. Not going with any VW stuff either and want it to be AWD as well. Secret, secret for now......and it all depends on funds in the future....

Too much money going to bikes right now.

·
Old slow and broke
1,119 Posts
05 GLI, 1.8T, Revo, CAI, DV, bla bla bla.... Leased it for my wife. Got rid of it last month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts