True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
89 Mustang GT HO hatchback
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any1 tell me if the amount of air that is allowed/forced in2 the engine bay via hood vents on turbocharged cars be either dangerous or helpful, like can too much turbulent air under the hood cause anything negative???
i mean you want your under the hood parts to perform @ the lowest degrees possible.....,& does it make a significant difference in cooling down the engine the amount of air allowed via hood vent? thanks

·
89 Mustang GT HO hatchback
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean heat extracting vents? Or hoop scoop?
both if either of those have a bigger opening will the engine see any positive outcome as far as engine temp

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
it depends on place ment size and so on, but yes there should be some cooling gain during the summer, letting the excess heat out of the bay and allowing cool air in. how ever when it rains and when it gets cold you might encounter some problems but i doubt it, try to i had an rear cowl svo hood scoop on my stang and the fromt opening was right above the intake. seemed to run a littel better to me

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Heat extractors will reduce engine temps significantly. A hoop scoop may work if its a functional "ram air" type.

·
5th Gear
7,052 Posts
anything to get the hot air out of the engine bay will make a difference, whether it be heat extractors or a functioning hood "scoop".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts