True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I ain't gotta do SSHHHIIITTT
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of you who sell on ebay and/or craigslist i need advice. I have my black berry storm listed for sale on craigslist. Well i got a phone call from a guy two days ago saying he wanted the phone for his nephew who lives in TN (i was asking $100 for it and he paid me $150 for shipping which are classic signs of a scam). So i told him as soon as payment is received i will ship it out. So i get three emails from paypal and craigslist saying the payment was received but it was put on hold until i supply a tracking number. Here's my warning signs though...

1- the extra money to ship
2- i have NEVER received a email from craigslist stating that a payment was made and the pay pal email was different from the other ones i have received from them
3- there is no record in pay pal of a payment pending which is what it always shows even if i do have to supply a tracking number which i have done before.

I emailed the guy last night and told him i can find no record of it so i supplied him with an invoice to make the payment. He goes on to say that it wont show in my account until i supply a tracking number, BUT there is no where for me to put a tracking number bc there is no record of it. I brought that up and he said i supply him with the tracking number and it will show in my account. I have bad feelings all the way around but wanted to see what you guys think???

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
It sounds strange to me too. I think there is a place on the paypal website where you can report a fraud. I think you should try that or try to find out about the email you got from "paypal"

Reactions: Rattler

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought to. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being paranoid lol. Ya, I sell a lot on ebay and it has always shown a pending payment so that was the first red flag.

·
Ninja in training ;)
1,115 Posts
That's a huge scam!!! I would only stay with local people especially since your just selling a phone. There's so many fucking scams out there people are dumb! I'm glad you never sent the phone to him. Yes paypal has a scam area but best thing to do is call paypal and talk to a rep instead of doing it through email you hear back from there faster on the phone. Paypal dont mess around they have been good with me on stuff ive had to get fixed.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i told him i reported him and he never emailed me back lol. I actually just sold it on ebay so all good. Thank you ladies for the advice =)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree it sounds like a scam....my sis was trying to sell a pair of boots and got a super similar email. I also told her to ignore it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts