True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
9 Second Street Machine
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a little research and would like your thoughts. If you were going to equip an agency with all the same firearms, what would you choose.

Cost is a factor so start with Ammo. .40 or 9mm. What is your experience with the price of each?

If you were to choose between and S&W M&P and a Glock which would you choose and why?

Your thoughts?

·
Titan Killer/ Creeper
5,884 Posts
9mm is cheaper in my opinion.

Also you cant beat the reliability of Glock

·
Broncos FTW
683 Posts
9mm

More plentiful, costs less. Before I purchased my ccw this is what I was deciding between. I looked at ballistics tests and the 40 didn't seem to do as much damage in proportion to it being close to a. 45 so I went with a glock 19 with jhp

·
Zone, of danger
365 Posts
The military issues us 9mm as standard and they are the most frugal a-holes in all of the land.

·
Get Famous, Get Money
1,245 Posts
For law enforcement purposes I personally believe the .40 would be preferred due to higher ballistics. It represents the best overall choice for stopping power, accuracy, and ease of use. Yes the 9mm is cheaper versus the .40 for a LEO agency, which a lot of departments will factor the costs in. A little history the 9mm was established in 1902 by George Luger and the .40cal was designed by Smith & Wesson in the early 1990's for the FBI that was replacing the 10mm cartridge.

The two choices of side arms you posted, I would prefer the Glock over the M&P due to it's reliability, function, and ease of break down. Also, I'm a Glock fan. I've shot the M&P's and don't like the fitment nor characteristics of the M&P. I could go into great detail but I'll stay away from that, as of now. Also Glocks are cheaper to service over the M&P's I've noticed. The factory trigger on the Glock's, I like the shorter reset of them versus the M&P's.

I know both are great guns and probably can't go wrong with either or. These are my thoughts of each of the fire arms. Shooting competitively for quite awhile, I love my modified Glock's and the 9mm round, because I can load the 9mm a lot lighter to control the recoil for better target transitions. Like I stated before these are my personal thoughts on both great side arms.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
9mm because the public can't use the excuse of "gun culture" and higher caliber rounds leading to the death of perpetrators

·
LOL VAJJ
6,440 Posts
With the types of amo currently supported under 9mm configurations you would be hard pressed to beat it with .40

·
testículos hinchados
14,857 Posts
I daily carry a subcompact m&p .40. I liked the fitment in my hands over the glock 26 which was too wide for my girl hands. Either break down relatively easy. I didn't shoot the glock so I can't compare on those characteristics but I can tell you my m&p goes bang no matter what ammo I feed it even after being on my hip riding an atv in dusty conditions all day. I think cost is gonna be your main dictator because each weapon is a good choice in my opinion.

·
Cptnslo
968 Posts
I absolutely love my 9mm, I can get a 100rd box for 28 bucks and although people might not say it has the most amazing stopping power it feels great as a shooters pistol and we've covered a lot of past cases in which although the 9mm might not have the entrance AND exit power there are a lot of cases where the 9mm round enters the body and stays in circulating around and causing even more damage. There was a guy somewhere in which the round travel through his body and got trapped down in his ankle and blocked his blood vessel which lead to his death. Overall I love my 9

·
Cyber Bully
1,843 Posts
If your worried about cost start reloading. Pick whichever gun you feel most comfortable shooting. In order to compare rounds they must first be capable of hitting the target.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If your worried about cost start reloading. Pick whichever gun you feel most comfortable shooting. In order to compare rounds they must first be capable of hitting the target.
If you were going to equip an agency...
I don't think reloading would really be feasible in this instance.

·
Mato Cucarachas
1,906 Posts
All cops need is a rape whistle and citation book. Shooting at cops is illegal so therefore no sidearms are necessary....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts