True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So im at the car wash and this 2002 Jaguar S Type R pulls up next to me and asks me what i have done to my car. So I tell him its a full-bolt on lt1, 1.6 rr, slp exhaust, Lt headers, 2400 stall, transgo shift kit, k and N CAI, 52mm throttle body, stock gears, stock cam, stock bottom end, stock tune, And the best i ran was a 14.4 before i had my exhaust and my 1.6 rr. And so he tells me lets run em. Im like sure why not.

He then says, "lets throw so money up."
Im like, " no i really don't have the cash to blow right now".
He then says, '' but you said it yourself you car is all sooped up."
Im like, " how about $10, im really broke."
He then says, "okay".

This whole time im wondering what this car has right, cause this guy wants to race me for money and he sounds really cocky and confident.

So we then go to the frontage road off of montgomery to jefferson; we start from a dig, my stall helps me pull about 2 1/2 cars in front of him in first, another 2 cars in second, another 1 1/2 car in third, and we get to about 110mph when i shut it down with about 6 car lengths ahead of him.
So i smoke him from a dig.

We race again from a roll going about 20, he jumps ahead about a car cause he starts first but by the time i hit second i start catching by 1/2 a car, then second to third another 1/2 car so we are dead even, then he kills it right before i pass him going 70 mph. I must admit he did do better from a roll but i was still gaining and just about to pass him before he shuts down. So this was like a 20 to 70 mph race when he shuts down right before i pass him.

So we get back to the car wash and so im like thats a nice car, so how about that $10. And i tell him again "i didn't want to race for cash but since you insisted how bout it". And he says, "You have change for a hundred." Im like, "In matter of fact i do let me get it." I go get my change from my car and he bails, LOL.

So if you see an all black 02 Jaguar S type R, tell him he owes $10 to the guy in the 94 Green Camaro Z28 LT1, lol.

And it was an all stock 4.2L Eaton Supercharged Jag, 400.0 bhp @ 6100 and 408.0 ft lbs @ 3500 rpm with a curb weight of 3968 lbs, compared to my NA Full bolt (minus gears) lt1 still on the stock tune.

·
Suck It Sucka
5,349 Posts
Hell yeah thats funny. I can't believe that guy bailed on $10 bucks. That car had to of been his grandpas and he was just some broke ass chump.

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we saw that car a few weekends ago
When i raced him about two weeks ago he still had the dealers price on the windshield, i think it was $11995 or something close to that. But he said he just barely bought the car. Who knows, but if he did he made it that much sweeter, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts