True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as my engine is close to being completed I figured I'd start my build. It all starting when my buddy Shane (Slocoupe88) talks me into building a mod motor for my new car. He's a hella salesman just ask Jermy :lol:! First off I needed to find builder engine. The next day I find a guy selling a lincoln MarkVIII 4.6 on craig's list.Score!! Little did I know I had a start a new learning curve verus same old pushrod windsor syle engines I was used to: Heres a quick run down of the motivation:

Engine Build and Port work done by Mike @ QMM
Teksid Alum block .020 overbore
8 bolt steel crank
Ross dished pistons
Lightweight Rods
Cobra Cams / springs
Arp Studs
Ported B series head
Custom Sheetmetal intake
Dist Drive off cams
Accel Gen 7
GT42-76

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Heres where all the above is going into. Thanks to Shane, Jesse and Mike the car is what it is today and still has a way to go.

Chassis:
UPR kmember kit
Aerospace brakes all the way around
Bogart d10s
Strange shocks / struts
8.8 with 33 spline strange guts
Wolfe rear suspension
6 point cage
subframe connectors

·
My shit always works sometimes
2,937 Posts
cool project..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hells ya... Todd longs first build thread!..

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
That car looks hella good with those rims! I cant wait to see it run! Seeing that picture gives me so much motivation to get all your stuff done for sure!!!

·
Whippled Charged...
1,085 Posts
Nice..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its been a while and the holidays are over so time for some updates. The engine is in mocking up trans and crossmember. Also in the process of drilling holes for the DFI. Will have some pictures up this weekend.

·
having more fun every day!
1,600 Posts
great to see it's coming along todd! that's gonna be a bad bitch!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Oh Shit Todd is workin on his own ride. What is this world coming to.

Looks cool man cant wait to see it done.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys! So I finally got to see how the intake I got will work. After looking and thinking about spacing the k member I decided to scratch that idea and use a stock manifold. I would love a nice Hogans or even the new mmr intake but those are :money:

My intake = fail

See how the intercooler pipe will come out through the seem of the firewall. Plus this will also cause a problem with my wiper linkage which needs to stay fully operational.

So I guess time to start cutting and porting on the stocker. After its finished I"ll have it coated.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts