True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this a few weeks after moving to Abq. My intentions were to only do the body work, paint it and daily it.Took 5 tries to get it to pass emissions, finally got it to pass and the engine started knocking.
I thought about building my RB to put in it, then wanted to pick up a 4.6, then I was finally just going to sell it, but decided to put one of my old engines to use and clear out some storage space.

It's still got a ways to go, but I'm hoping to be driving it next summer.

From when I got it until current...

Had to rebuild the carb and do some spring cleaning

Started to do a little body work while it was still running.

welded all the trim holes

uncovered the old mirror holes and welded them

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A few days after it started knocking, I parked it and went back home to pick up one of my engines. (of course I grabbed the worst of the three, and had to get it rebuild.)

also picked up a t5 and bell housing from someone locally

block bored .060 over due to rusted cylinders

10-10 grind

valves, seats, seals, guides, resurface and magnufluxed.

painted and installed new plugs

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I wait for more engine parts, time get the frame ready for the swap.

I won't be getting any work done the next few weeks since I'm in ALS. Once I'm out, I'll finish getting the engine together, mock it up and start working on the frame.
I'm planning on doing a mustang II front end type setup, mainly to get the cross member out of the way of the oil pan, and I'll be upgrading to a rack and pinion.
Once I get the front half done, I'll pull the bed off and do the rear of the frame. Four link and some minor work to the bed. Once all the body work is done, pull it all back apart for paint.

·
On a crappy road....
101 Posts
I clicked on the thread thinking " oh well. shitty old mini truck". I stand corrected.

·
1st Gear
676 Posts
First, congrats on the ALS graduation. Second, nice little project. You took it alot farther than I expected. For a SrA it looks like you have alot of projects. I saw a Corvair and what looks lke an older Golf or Jetta.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First, congrats on the ALS graduation. Second, nice little project. You took it alot farther than I expected. For a SrA it looks like you have alot of projects. I saw a Corvair and what looks lke an older Golf or Jetta.
Thanks twice.
Your correct on the corvair, it's my wife's 63. The white/red one is a 74 corona mark 2. I have 11 projects total. I suppose you could say I have a problem. Lol

·
On a crappy road....
101 Posts
Thanks. More to come when I sober up.

I'll take that as a complement then. :)
Thanks
Yes please do, awesomeness is happening here.

·
Waiting for secondaries. . .
2,926 Posts
I had a small block ford. Would've gone nicely in there. Great work so far man

·
SH!T JUST GOT REAL
2,972 Posts
4 bolt mains in a nice freshly done block and polished crank with arp bolts always brings back memories. Looks good man keep up the good work

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.