True Street Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's where she started (minus the wheels, lowered front end)

Both quarters were fucked so off they came... Propane adds 250hp.

Smoothed the cowl vents:

Stripped, engine out, ready for primer. Cobra Automotive R Model fiberglass nose.

The mill: DSS 331 Long Block with AFR 185 heads, custom ground XE274 style cam on 108LSA, Weiand Stealth, BG 650 Demon, supposed to make 450 horse

Some bracing we fabbed.

Making room for the T56

G-Bar 4 Link Coilover rear suspension, 315/35/17 BFG DR's

ProCar Rally Seat, LeCarra steering wheel, Restomod shifter

After some primer

Engine bay primed

Custom fabbed NASCAR-style boom tubes to go with the Hooker headers, H-pipe and Moroso Spiral Flows

Don't have pics but it's got an 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, 9" with 3.89's and TrueTrac, shortened, with Explorer discs, Granada discs for the front, all emblems will be smoothed, window frame and trim and tail light shafts will be powder coated black, will be painted a medium green metallic with flat black stripe down center slightly wider than '69 Cobra Jet hood scoop.

SO there ya go.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
That looks like a sick project!! Good luck on the rest!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now thats how you do it. I love it, great attention to detail. What are you expecting for final weight/hp?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Wow dude! That thing has come a LONG way since I seen it last!!! Dude, you are doing a kick ass job for a first timer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. I've definitely learned a lot about building cars. Main take away: you need to take how much money you think it's going to cost and how much time you think it's going to take and double maybe even triple it...

Hoping to be driving in the next month or so.

I have no clue on the weight, but will definitely get it weighed when I'm done.

DSS said the engine should make 450hp so we'll see. I took their advice on intake, exhaust, and carb to make sure it'll hit that target. I'm kinda pissed I went with such a high compression ratio, I'm thinking a turbo or two would make the car even more fun. Maybe when I blow this one up, I'll rebuild with a lower ratio...

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I say twin turbos and spray it!!! :headbang:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I've definitely learned a lot about building cars. Main take away: you need to take how much money you think it's going to cost and how much time you think it's going to take and double maybe even triple it...

Hoping to be driving in the next month or so.

I have no clue on the weight, but will definitely get it weighed when I'm done.

DSS said the engine should make 450hp so we'll see. I took their advice on intake, exhaust, and carb to make sure it'll hit that target. I'm kinda pissed I went with such a high compression ratio, I'm thinking a turbo or two would make the car even more fun. Maybe when I blow this one up, I'll rebuild with a lower ratio...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some more progress...

Bay painted flat black and flat clear with Kustom Shop's Hot Rod Flatz Color and Clear. A couple runs, but not bad for my first time spraying color and clear.

Got the control arms and news dics on too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. DEFINITELY ready to drive it. Hopefully pokin the engine and trans back in this weekend, then have to do wiring, and get all the engine accessories squared away, then I roll....

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Lookin sick John!!!! Wish I could cruise over to Hillsburrito and sheck it out! Damn I miss Oregon sometimes!

Thanks guys. DEFINITELY ready to drive it. Hopefully pokin the engine and trans back in this weekend, then have to do wiring, and get all the engine accessories squared away, then I roll....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts