1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
Is this with a full clutch, as in not pro-shifted?

Cause otherwise it's not impressive for a "manually shifted car".

Nevermind, didn't see the vid. Appears to be clutching when he shifts.

G

·
that's fast as hell but what do you guys think FastMatt would do on a lower elevation track that will hold all his power, and if he can put all his power down with out breaking anything, do you guys think he will get the record?

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this with a full clutch, as in not pro-shifted?

Cause otherwise it's not impressive for a "manually shifted car".

Nevermind, didn't see the vid. Appears to be clutching when he shifts.
Its a real manual with a tranny just like mine. But it probably does have a $5000 Tilton clutch but no pro shifted stuff.

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
titan ftw!

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
damn that's one quick shifting...

·
Registered
67 Posts
damn that's one quick shifting...

I know , not bad for a stock trans and one hell of a clutch setup.

Heres some pics of a Lex with one hell of a big ass turbo and ran with the stock trans and not even gutted. I seen this car run 8.40's with my own eyes .I'm still having a hard time beleaving what I seen.This guy lives in my area .

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=121441312&albumID=1573106&imageID=19198192

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=121441312&albumID=1573106&imageID=19198206

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=121441312&albumID=1573106&imageID=19198216

·
pooping on the poopra!!
1,838 Posts
that's fast as hell but what do you guys think FastMatt would do on a lower elevation track that will hold all his power, and if he can put all his power down with out breaking anything, do you guys think he will get the record?
wasent matt on a 5 speed facroty tranny? anyway like you said if he can get to a track that can hold his power and not snap 300mm axles it should be in the bag

G

·
wasent matt on a 5 speed facroty tranny? anyway like you said if he can get to a track that can hold his power and not snap 300mm axles it should be in the bag
is there a different class for 5 speed cars and 6 speed cars, there both really shifting the cars with a real clutch right?

·
Ex-Nazi
2,213 Posts
I'm not sure if it matters whether it's a real shifted 5 or 6 speed, either way that Supra is dirty fast on a clutch shift.

Matt could probably give it a run eventually, but I don't think 8.30s are *quite* in his car yet. (Not even at sea level).

·
E85 veteran
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure if it matters whether it's a real shifted 5 or 6 speed, either way that Supra is dirty fast on a clutch shift.

Matt could probably give it a run eventually, but I don't think 8.30s are *quite* in his car yet. (Not even at sea level).
I agree with the 5 or 6 speed thing. As long as its a true manual using a clutch in all gears. I think the reason the 6-speed is so popular is because there a more cars that can run those times being that the trannys seem to hold up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts