True Street Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Life begins at 135mph..
1,328 Posts
I was in Gander Mtn a few weeks ago in Lewiston.. they already had OMGWTF prices on 62g back then.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Everyone see what happened today? We were once again thrust into a full fledged panic on everything 5.56 or 223. The headlines on every conservative leaning site are all the same...."BHO to ban AR15 ammo by EO." Fucking idiots sent the country into a panic. Hope you all heeded my advice and got what you needed. The cupboards will once again be bare for a little while.

·
LOL VAJJ
6,440 Posts
Noticed everyone and their dog trying to offload AR's with 1x9 twist.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
I was at Sportsmans a few days ago and everyone was in a panic buying out .223/5.56. I played stupid and asked what was going on. A few guys answered in panicked voices that the gubment was banning all AR ammo. I chuckled and educated the group, guys 15-20 years older than me, about the steel green tip M855 and SS109 ammo and that they're is no ban on any other 5.56/.223. They just looked completely dumbfounded.

·
Life begins at 135mph..
1,328 Posts
Several US Senators and US Representatives are taking steps to stop this ATF action before next week's decision is finalized.
Unfortunately, Udall/LujanGrisham/Heinrich are set to vote in favor of the ban so here is a quick and easy pre-filled letter to send to these NM legislators via the NRA support group.

Feel free to use this quick submit form:
STOP THE ATF AMMO BAN

·
Zone, of danger
365 Posts
LOL "I don't wanna start a panic but..."

M855 is shit ammo and it being "outlawed" doesn't change anything. AR shooters just love to freak out every 2 years or so and jack the prices up.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yes sir. just came here to post this. There are some sorry mofos that got hammered by the high prices at the gunshow this last weekend. Saturday was a bloodbath on ammo sales. Any 223/5.56 that was under 60 cents a round or so was all scooped up by Saturday afternoon.

All I care about is that enough people got involved and turned the ATF back on this one. Finally. However, let this be a lesson to buy what you need when it is regularly available and reasonably priced.

·
Life begins at 135mph..
1,328 Posts
Due to this botched proposal:

B. Todd Jones resigned as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) yesterday. Good riddance.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts