True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had fun little run with trey(acheron) in his new car that was cut short by a fucked up tranny. Needless to say tranny is gone. 1st 3rd and OD dont exist. Rematch coming soon

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
ill be there when im done grieving...i cant really think straight right now. but yea i owe you another run with mnoxide there to be in the crosswinds of our exhaust lol.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
What is this like 3? or 4 trannies you have toasted? GET ONE BUILT RIGHT!!! You get what you pay for...
that does suck though man.

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Its gotta be the way you drive that car, I still have the STOCK 4L60E, 130k miles, in my car and it hasn't given me problems, knock on wood but somethings wrong here Vinny.

·
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is this like 3? or 4 trannies you have toasted? GET ONE BUILT RIGHT!!! You get what you pay for...
that does suck though man.
This one was built right. As long as its under warranty through performabuilt theyll just send me a new one so im not too worried about it

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
im at 140k...stock everything. but god balanced the scales by makin the bitch slow lol

·
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think something fucked up this time. Every other time ive broke a tranny i lose 2nd. This time thats the only gear i actually have

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think something fucked up this time. Every other time ive broke a tranny i lose 2nd. This time thats the only gear i actually have
Are you sure you don't have third? Trans is probably in limp mode, it'll do that when something goes bad usually, locks out first and 4th gear, and the converter won't lock up. Happens sometimes too when the shift solenoids go bad.

That's cool that's it's under warranty. Hopefully they replace it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would say 4l60e's suck but I know of a few in the 9 second range, I have a th350 and a th400 sitting in my garage if you wanna go that route...

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Let me know when you wanna pull it vin ill give you a helping hand!

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
ill just yank the bitch out...today

·
TSC Resident UltiTroll
11,202 Posts
Nah Vinny, your car just felt humiliated that it was getting yanked by a Mustang.

So it needed to make an excuse......

:p

On a serious note, I thought you blew the motor at first lol...
When we were behind, We saw 3 rounds of debris/smoke:

1st round: White smoke
2nd round: Gray smoke
3rd round: ATF shower

By the way, I have most of the run on my vid phone, I'll upload sometime soon.

·
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
legit. My car kicks up alot of dust too

·
DROP WEIGHT!!!
3,910 Posts
Thats very true!!!!!!!!!!!!! So when is it coming out?

·
Busted Bumpers member #2
3,094 Posts
the tranny??? whenever i have time to start cuz then vinny will actually have to finish lol.

·
Mustang Graveyard
655 Posts
Th400 for sure. you will never have to worry about it again... well, on 2nd thought maybe not. ur the only person i know who has a near stock ls1 that smokes so many tranny's and 10 bolts... time for an upgrade

1 - 20 of 27 Posts