·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
INFO ON MY 383

I will have just under 5000 in motor and trans/converter.The motor is all Eagle rotating assembly,Comp Cams spings,locks,retainers,XFI cam 242 [email protected] 50 with 584/579 lift, 1.6rrs, stock ported heads,36lbs injectors, Mezier water pump, 350 turbo trans with 3500 BTE stall, 3.42 gears, full body car, stock rearend for now soon to be a 12 bolt.This is my 1st GM car i hope to get it in the lows 7.30's on the motor and mid 6's on the spray. :driving:

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
I will have just under 5000 in motor and trans/converter.The motor is all Eagle rotating assembly,Comp Cams spings,locks,retainers,XFI cam 242 [email protected] 50 with 584/579 lift, 1.6rrs, stock ported heads,36lbs injectors, Mezier water pump, 350 turbo trans with 3500 BTE stall, 3.42 gears, full body car, stock rearend for now soon to be a 12 bolt.This is my 1st GM car i hope to get it in the lows 7.30's on the motor and mid 6's on the spray. :driving:
:drunk::drunk:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the short block and the rest a friend a i are doing,he has about the same set up and knows more than i do on the LT1'S.I thought about putting a LS1 in but people think the lt1 is junk and wont run.And yes it will get in the 12's easy dont hate on it because yours wont.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
I'm down with the LT-1's. There's nothing wrong with them. Alot of shit is to be said about the opti-spark, and yeah, they're finiky and a bitch to access, but that's nothing a little ingenuity can't fix. You can't beat the LT-x torque in front of an auto, nor the availability of bottom-end parts. I would trust your combo in the 8th. It will do well. Cool car, good luck. Nova.... you couldn't shit a solid 12 if it was fed to you in an Allsups burrito. I wan't 12.80's... out of your pile of shit!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We shall see

We will see very soon what it will do,what do you have that is so great?I'm not building a fullout race car,its a car to to shows and piss around in.Who knows it may get low 12's or hi 11's either way its what i want.So dont hate on the LT1'S so much or have you had your ass spanked by an LT1?
I bet thats whats up you got the smacked down put on you by the LT1 :woowoo: :ciappa:

·
Always broken. Fuck your face
7,101 Posts
Should go high 11s depending on your altitude

·
Turbobeaner
2,307 Posts
Sounds like a cool car man. Any pics? The combo sounds solid. What you looking to spray?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No pics as of yet but i will get some on here before it gets painted.I think it will be a strong street car and when i take it to the strip i hope it puts some good numbers up.I also have a 88 coupe that will be getting an LS1 in mabe next summer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts