True Street Cars Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend just picked up a brand new loaded G8 GT for 29,000 at tillery. Which is a pretty good deal. so far i like the car. interior looks quality and well planned. I can't wait to drive it around when I get back into town.
The specs: he is stock and i only have 18" rims. he stayed in a/t w/ tc on (he's never driven a sports car); I used tiptronic with tc off. 6.0L V8 (361hp) vs 3.5L V6 (287hp). 3200 vs 3995 lbs. p/w ratio 11.3 vs 11.2. 0-60 times 5.7 vs 5.4 (in a m/t).

Anyway, from stop on Paseo we both took off when the light turned. I had a good start and quickly took the lead, which makes sense since I am lighter. I held the lead, a few good car lengths, until about 60. To my surprise he closed the gap and slowly passes me at 80. The V8 finally proves its worth and bests my V6.
I think if he practices the launch and uses tiptronic he will have me, or at least it'll be extremely close to 60. It was a good race, I was proud of my z :)
for a better comparison, against a a 370z, it wouldn't be close at all. they have a 0-60 of 4.7, 330hp, but a weak p/w of 9.8. a gxp vs 370z nismo would be interesting.

(not his car, but looks the same.)

VS

· Always broken. **** your face
7,099 Posts
the torque management thats programmed into the computer on those thing sucks. People that get that tuned out pick up almost half a second

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats intersting, i will let him know.
haha ya, i guess it wasn't the greatest deal but he is happy with it. the gxp would've been sick but it would've been ~10k more.

· GetSOM!!!
1,444 Posts
Plus hp. Good story. Love me a G8.

And damn Vinny are you serious?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha just wait until i go twin turbo....
ouch, well im not going to mention that he could've gotten a better car. i would say the gxp is worth whatever the difference is, if you can afford it. nice cars all around tho. i will post again after i get a chance to drive it.

· Premium Member
366 Posts
For low 20's, could have gotten a lower mileage E55 AMG. Thats my only gripe with those cars, besides their horrendous interior. They look sick and with the LSx, they have a great base.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hM, intresting :), didnt even think the 350 would come close.. haha
me neither lol. he didnt get a good launch. my z is an '03 plus its a/t, so its slow compared to most of the cars on here.

an amg would be sick! i'd love to have a foreign sports car. sometime down the road, i'd like to order a bimmer from europe and race it over there before i bring it home. like dan got to do. thats the plan at least haha. a g8 would be cheaper to maintain and modify tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.