True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uoCUICV_mo"]1000$ 1/4 Mile Grudge Race bolt on 5.0 takes on bolt on/spray 6.0 GTO(street race) - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
281 Posts
That 5.0 is fast for bolt-ons. What do you think it would run in the 1/4?

·
5th Gear
3,516 Posts
The coyote was lying and sprayed on him from what I heard, and I believe it. No way that a bolt on 5.0 is gonna outrun a bolt on/stalled/sprayed 6.0 Goat.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True
had stripped interior lol/ 100shot/ drag radials/ bolt ons SWS tune
Gto
Stall/ bolt ons/ 125shot/ tune
Both on drag radials

·
originally onefastlt1
761 Posts
I run a 13.1-2
at 109
Dam thats fast for a bolt on coyote. I ran a 13.91 at 103 in my full bolt on 98z28 on street tires this weekend hot lapping the last hour since i showed up late. Diffenetly need a better wheel tire combo and could get a cutout before the muffler but thats all that I might have left before caming it.

Curious what full bolt on 05-06 GTOs run at the track.

I really dislike the look of the 5th gen camaro so I could careless what they run. I do like ls3 though.

To each there own but im looking for my next car. I like ford gm doesnt really matter to me since ive owned several of each..

Anyone know what those 392 challengers run as well full bolt-on.

·
5th Gear
3,516 Posts
Full bolt on LS2 GTO should do mid/upper 13's up here

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone know what those 392 challengers run as well full bolt-on.

Ask EricG he had one

It's not quite an apples to apples deal as most bolt ons wont do much, especially without tuning, and some things like throttle bodies, may actually work against you. With the exception of the Hellcat, we have speed density intakes, and they are a lot pickier than mass air flow set ups.

That said, the 6-speeds are usually in the high 13s/low 14s depending on the driver, and the autos are usually in the mid to high 13s.

The '15s with the new 8-speed auto are faster, but almost need drag radials to realize it as 1st gear is so steep. But my '15 A8 here did a 12.79 at 108-9 on a cool day, and in the summer heat it went [email protected]

A friend of mine with a 392 and A5 tranny with a tune/headers/drag radials went 13.0 I believe.

Overall it's kind of all over the place, but I would say they are very close to your basic 5.0 as far as e.t but will trap 1-2 mph slower and then a little faster than a Camaro SS.

·
LOL VAJJ
6,440 Posts
The coyote was lying and sprayed on him from what I heard, and I believe it. No way that a bolt on 5.0 is gonna outrun a bolt on/stalled/sprayed 6.0 Goat.
This is exactly what happened. Gio hit me up earlier in the week asking if I thought he could take a FBO GTO with a 75 hit in his car. I told him no, we did some runs, I still told him no. He asked what I thought he needed and I told him spray.

Race day everyone broke the rules of the agreed race which should have been Gio n/a vs. the GTO on a 75 hit. Gto had upped the jets and Gio had done a 24hr nitrous kit and tune.

So end results this race was a Bolt on 5.0 on a 75hit (Gio claims 100 but dyno only netted 70) gutted and runnin a 25" tire vs a FBO GTO on approx. 150hit.

Oh, and I lost $20 due to everyone lying their asses off. :lol:

Oh and both were on SWS tunes so Motiva had nothing to do with the race.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts