True Street Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a project my father and I have been working on.

It's a 1970.5 Camaro (Full Bumper) that we picked up for a steal. Goal with the car is to be a show car/weekend warrior

Hardest part is making sure the body is completely straight, we are going to be spraying high-build primer onto the car, hopefully here in a few weeks and then getting any surfaces taken care of and the car ready for paint.

The motor for the car is currently being built by Jeff McClintic, which will be a 454cui Big Block with 2 4-Barrel carbs, custom cam, and some nasty heads, im not up to date with what the specs are but Jeff said he has built a few of these setups before, and they make around 950hp on the engine dyno.

I will post more specs later on the build, but this is where we are at as of now.

This is the color we are painting the car

Here are a few examples of what we are trying to re-create

This is Dale Earnhardt Jr's Camaro
Basically the same theme, Orange/Black however we are going with a Cowl Hood and Different wheels. Same front-end though.

Here is a picture of the hood with black stripes

Rearend is going to look just like this car

When done the car will look similar to this

·
5th Gear
2,026 Posts
Chris, you SUCK!

70 1/2 is my Favorite of the Camaro's.

Funny thing is I have been looking for a nice 70.5 for a project car.

Can't wait to see yours finished.

·
Bavarian Murder Weapon
3,360 Posts
Looks good Chris!! :driving: I wanna come see it again sometime. I only briefly saw it that one day at your house, butnever heard anything about it, lol.

·
I'm kind of a big deal...
2,045 Posts
whats the plans motor wise?
Read the post & you'll find out.

Thats going to be sick when its done. Keep us posted on your progress & lmk if you need a hand. :)

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Split bumper for the win.

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
Why aren't you going with the split bumper? I personally like the look of the huge grille with the split bumpers.

·
Do you even lift?
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why aren't you going with the split bumper? I personally like the look of the huge grille with the split bumpers.
We are going with the Split bumper.

The one piece bumper is gone.

We are fitting the hood tomorrow, hinges just showed up today.

I think the motor is almost done being built.

·
GetSOM!!!
1,460 Posts
Dam Chris.. Sounds wicked... I like the color scheme... Can't wait to see this thing yank at the track.. Good luck buddy

·
LSX EVERYTHING
7,517 Posts
We are going with the Split bumper.

The one piece bumper is gone.

We are fitting the hood tomorrow, hinges just showed up today.

I think the motor is almost done being built.
Oh yea duh. Wow sorry I was at work when I posted that and couldnt see any pics lol I can totally see it now. Looks awesome bro Sick project!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts